Will the Sandy Bridge Fiasco delay MBPs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Keybinding, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keybinding macrumors newbie

Hey folks.

We've all been waiting for the new MBPs (with hopes of better res screens!).

But have you heard about the Sandy Bridge recall? http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20030070-64.html

Intel apparently made a big mistake somewhere with some tiny part of the chip and it can overheat. Now, from what I know, laptops heat up more than desktops because of how crammed everything is. So would the new MPBs have to wait for the fix? I am not sure, but I've been dying to get a Sandy Bridge MBP.

I'll tell you why: It's because the battery life on them is going to be amazing. I heard that there are going to be 17 watt TPD Sandy bridge processors. That means that the CPU will take way less power to do the same amount of calculations and processing, so I am sure that the battery will last an extra hour at the very least.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There are several threads about this delay with Intel's chipsets. Intel has stopped production and shipments of the defective shipments, thus it may delay the update of MBPs but to be honest, we can't know when MBPs would have been updated without this delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.