Will the screen "lock" without having to slide to unlock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aerodoc, Mar 12, 2010.

1. aerodoc macrumors member

If you just want to use this for casual browing, etc. why do I want to have press a button and slide every time? I just want to touch the screen and have it come back to life. I am wondering if they have an option to do this?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

of course they will... lock orientation is a great idea as well, wish my iPhone had it... oh well maybe in the next version :p

4. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

Nice to see they will include a feature to disable the screen lock. I was kind of wondering why the screen lock was neccessary. I know its very helpful for the iphone since you put it in your pocket, but you can't put the ipad in your pocket, and thus the liklihood of accidently turning it on would be alot less. And no liklihood of accidently dialing a phone number since there is no phone.

5. amort macrumors newbie

Yeah my thoughts! But where is the screenshot from? It looks like an iPhone? Where do I find these settings?

6. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'm sure it would be needed to have a passcode activated. If you want to prevent people from snooping, if say, you left the room briefly, you would have to completely turn it off if there is no 'slide to unlock'.

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

And what's this Syncronization? What are we setting a time here for? WHAT IS THIS? :D

8. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

It's a utility that can only be used with jailbroken devices.