Will the Watch 3 launch this year?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scaramoosh, Jan 30, 2017.

1. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

My Series 1 is getting old and it's scratched to hell, I'm looking to buy the Steel one next time as the Gorilla Glass display sucks. However I'm not spending £700 for the new one to come out in like 6 months... is it likely we'll see a new one this year?

Thanx.

2. snicklesnackle macrumors member

snicklesnackle

Probably in September, rumours seem a bit thin on the ground currently but it would make sense given it'd be 12 months since the last release.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

OLD???? Can't be but a few days more than 4 months old.

4. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

probably meant Series 0
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2017 ---
    I hope so, just bought a brand new Series 0 with Link Bracelet, and it's nice but I need the brighter screen and faster processor

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Rumors are in September 2017 we might see a Series 3, but very few changes to be included. Mainly looks like LTE or more water resistance.

6. DeNachtwacht macrumors member

DeNachtwacht

I would not be suprised to see no new Apple watch this year. The series 2 has absolutely everything you need right now on the hardware side, the only minor detail that it lacks is a simcard slot.

On the other hand there's a lot to improve with the software. Add support for the built-in barometer, add a sleep tracking mode, a more battery-efficient operating system, bugfixes and features for a lot of apps... so in my view Apple should put all its efforts in finetuning watchOS 4.

7. GoSUV macrumors member

Beyond more hardware health sensor additions, tiny FaceTime camera, or more connectivity options such as LTE, I can't see the next AW update if lacking these features would be worth the trouble. Of course, improvements to current features such as better water resistance and longer battery life is always welcome, but the Series 2 will always be THE Apple Watch the original should have been.

Personally, a black ceramic Edition (as opposed to white) would tempt me to buy, regardless of any additional upgrades or improvements.

8. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

Once you go black...

9. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I definitely think we will see a black ceramic edition. It only makes sense. Apple tends to expand on colors after initial debut of the first product.