will the Yahoo Messenger app have push?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Che Castro, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

I dont like Beejive interface with the chat bubble

I only use it for yahoo

if the yahoo messenger app comes out with push, I would gladly pay for it, if its not free

does anybody know when its comin out?

also in the meantime, what other alternatives are there with push, that support yahoo?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I seriously have no clue, they disappointed me since they released Yahoo! Connect so I'm off with Beejive with my Y! IM
    You can email them, but based on experience - they don't reply at all.

3. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

I like beejive but I cant stand those bubbles, I wish there was an option to remove them

yea thats why i made this thread hopin someone here works for yahoo or something
    but they dont reply back

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

According to June 17 posting from Yahoo! Messenger Blog, it's coming soon.

5. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

thanks

is there a beta out now?

6. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I personally believe the yahoo messenger app will eventually have push notifications. But, I also believe it will no longer be free. I think they will follow in the footsteps of many others and start charging a small fee for the app. This is just a guess so I could be wrong and hope I'm wrong.

7. nutmac macrumors 68040

As pointed out on the blog, the next version of Yahoo! Messenger (which is not available in public beta form) will have push and it will be out soon. It won't be a paid app.

8. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

if its going to be free am I right in thinkin that it wont be like beejive where you can stay logged in for 24 hours and get push messages?

9. nutmac macrumors 68040

The current version if Yahoo! Messenger for iPhone lets you stay logged in for 10 minutes. You won't get live notification, of course, but others will see you logged in and you will see their message when you re-launch the app within 10 minutes.

New Yahoo! Messenger with push will have sign off setting, similar to AIM (which has longest sign off setting of 24 hours after exiting the app). I have no idea whether it will have "never" as one of the settings, however.

10. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

IM+ lets you stay in for 3 days I think

and I dont believe the yahoo push will be free like you say, maybe they will offer a lite version like palringo has now

11. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

I wish they would hurry up with this new update

12. yalag macrumors 65816

how do these sign off settinsg work? so basically you get push notifications for up to that amount of time and then afterwards they just sign you off if you don't open the app again?

13. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

yes just like that

14. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I believe it will be free. Yahoo never charged, but the other companies started charging before push came out. Usually one with (free) advertisements and one without (paid) advertisements.