Will the Zagg Invisibleshield work well with my Speck Candyshell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by upagainst, Sep 24, 2009.

1. upagainst macrumors newbie

upagainst

i love my candyshell, but the screen protector that came with it got scratched up pretty quick. it is my understanding that the zagg is resistant to scratches and therefore might be better suited for me. plus with the lifetime replacement, i feel like it's a pretty safe investment.

my question is will the zagg invisible shield work well with a speck candyshell? i'd like to know if it is known to pull up the corners or anything like that. i plan on spending a good amount of time installing the zagg, i would hate for it to be ruined after a few installations/removals of the candyshell case.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

it will work, once you apply the zagg give it AT LEAST 4-5hrs before putting it in the candy shell.

3. upagainst thread starter macrumors newbie

upagainst

anyone else want to chime in on this subject? i've read so many bad reviews of the zagg invisibleshield, but it seems like the best way to go really. i love the idea of having the home button covered as well. i would just hate to get it and realize that my candyshell lifts the invisibleshield up at the corners or something like that.

4. dauerhippo macrumors regular

The Candyshell does technically fit with the IS, and it will not ruin the IS, but it's not ideal. The problem is that the IS throws the alignment of the case off just a wee bit, so that the cases' button covers are no longer perfectly aligned. Without the IS, the buttons on the candyshell just need a very light press, whereas with the IS, you need to push them quite hard.

If that's an issue for you, then don't do it, otherwise, it's a completely fine combo.

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm having the same issue... I tried the candyshell with my IS yesterday in an AT&T store, and it messed up the IS. It will definitely pull up the corners.
    I've discovered that the iSkin revo2 will definitely work with the IS, so I might have to go that route.

6. is300guy macrumors regular

I think that if you LEAVE your iPhone in the Candy shell, it should be fine with the IS. If you keep pulling it in and out (Like I do), then you are bound to pull the IS corners and ruin the IS. I now have the Capsule Neo and so far it is good. I don't care too much for the bulky feel from the candy shell, which is why I got the Capsule Neo. It fits the IS pretty good....in some ways.

7. DukeL macrumors member

DukeL

I will third this. The candyshell will ruin your IS. If not at first, then over time.

8. papa792 macrumors member

NO do not attempt to even combine Zagg and Candy Shell

9. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I'm kinda lost why you'd want an InvisibleShield and then also another cover over that?

The IS is nice because it really doesn't add any bulk to the iPhone. Putting another cover over that eliminates that benefit.

I'd pick one or the other and save some money. The IS is nice, but it can be a bitch to install and if you keep it in your pants pocket, the edges may pick-up lint. That was my main complaint, but not a show-stopper IMO.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

If you drop the iPhone, the IS doesn't provide any protection. Thus i would like to have another case on top of the IS. The IS is great because it protects the iphone from normal wear, but for added protection you'd need something more solid.