Will there be a disc version of Lion eventually?

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Do you think there will eventually be a disc version of Lion? (not through the app store)

When?

Not really talking about the disc that comes with the system, but one that will let me do the upgrade for example

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
No, it was made perfectly clear by Steve Jobs that they would not be putting Lion on any physical media.

It looks like Apple caved into the complaints and has agreed to sell lion on a USB Thumb drive for $69 in August.:apple:

Comment

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
And I can upgrade from anywhere in the world, right? As long as I have an iTunes account as I understand

Comment

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
But is the iTunes account region specific? (don't have one yet....) I'll be moving, I can create mine later on?

Comment

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
But is the iTunes account region specific? (don't have one yet....) I'll be moving, I can create mine later on?
I believe they are, but I am pretty sure that you can change the region. You can create an iTunes/Apple ID from anywhere in the world.

Comment

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
And I assume I can choose in which language to install Lion ( I prefer English, actually, my Snow Leopard is in english already...) regardless of my location?

Comment