Will there be a fix.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gsxr1000, Sep 23, 2015.

1. gsxr1000 macrumors member

gsxr1000

Is there anyone here with a little more insight than me heard if there will be a fix for the tattoo issue people are having. Just curious.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I've not heard anything more than what we were hearing soon after launch. Most likely there won't be a fix. I can only imagine a 'fix' with newer technology where lights and sensors are better able to penetrate the color tones (or something)... not sure. Don't count on it - that's my best guess.

4. gsxr1000 thread starter macrumors member

gsxr1000

Thanks for the response. Nice to know there are people in here that want to help others with their questions.

5. gsxr1000 thread starter macrumors member

gsxr1000

Wow that was original. Feel good about that response.

6. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I don't think there will be a real fix any time soon. It's a hardware problem so the only fix would be a new model. I'm just glad my tattoo is on the underside of my wrist/forearm so it doesn't affect it:cool:

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No, there won't be a fix, too small a demographic. Apple deals in tens of millions they can't fix something for only a few thousand.

Sorry.

8. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

This is a general problem that other wrist optical heart rate sensors share. And, the problem seems to depend on each individual and their tattoo. So, your best bet may be to try the AW and see how it does with your tattoo.

9. gsxr1000 thread starter macrumors member

gsxr1000

Well my problem is not the heart sensor its works perfect surprisingly, it's the wrist detection that fails. Once the watch is right over my tattoo it locks. But in the same exact spot the heart sensor always works. Lol. Weird. I guess the infrared is not as strong as the green led light. So I just use it with wrist detection off. I don't use Apple Pay I use my phone for that.

10. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Wow, I had not read that there was a wrist detect problem with tattoos too. All the attention was on HR. That sucks.

11. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Probably the same time they release a fix for the fact I can't see when I wear a blindfold.....

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think its a hardware issue where the sensor cannot "see" the blood flowing, the ink is obscuring the veins.