Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colour

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
We know about the processors for the new macbook pros, but what else can we expect from the release? Will there be a change in form ? thinner ? more ports ? lighter ? will it lean towards a macbook air look ?

Are there any other rumors of anything significant or will there only be a bump in processors.

adnoh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2010
I hear there will be 14 inch screen, new 1.9" hard drive form factor and mini USB port.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
thanks, saves us who have no time to troll through and dig for it.
Not really trolling just being a sarcastic smart ***... but you do realize that if you click on page 2 or God forbid use the search you should find several threads on it. Your "time" does not change the fact that you should still use the search. I've done this a few times myself, its embarrassing its like if you were in a meeting and you asked a question someone asked like 5 minutes ago.
Only 3? Not 30?
My bad I was obviously underestimating the situation.:D:D

Jdstew1234

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
I doubt anything drastic, it will still be metal and will be a laptop. Maybe wedge shaped like MBA and possibly thinner

skidmarc

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
I'll go with a top of the line MBP with a LiquidMetal case and framework. :D

Other than that I don't speculate much of a change aside from processors, maybe an option for SSD (like MBA). Though those aren't form factor...unless they have completely tested their new battery technology I don't see the cases getting much smaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.