Will there be a market for used EDGE iPhones when 3G comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Mar 30, 2008.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

What are people going to do with their old EDGE iPhones when the new 3Gs come out? Who would buy the EDGE models?
    It seems to me that the wise move is to sell off your EDGE phone to the "uneducated" ebay customers as soon as the rumor mill starts going crazy about an impending Tuesday release of 3G, no?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well faster internet might not appeal to some people, and 3G might not be available in their area, so people who just would like a cheap iPhone can buy the used EDGE ones.

I plan on just keeping mine or selling it on ebay.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There will definitely be a market for EDGE iPhones. There are still large parts of the country that don't have 3G, and our friends up in Canada still don't have a way to get legit iPhones without unlocking. People who don't want to pay for a new iPhone but would still like to try one will most definitely be looking for used EDGE iPhones.

I haven't decided yet on whether I'll sell my week 29 or not. I might keep it as a spare, or even activate it on another line. Or, I might just sell it and recoup the cost of upgrading.

For me, it largely depends on how much the next iPhone costs. $399, I'll likely keep my EDGE iPhone. More than $499, I'm definitely selling. :)

4. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I just got mine recently, even knowing that a new one will come out soon. Where I live, 3g is not going to be around for a long time, and I dont even have an EDGE data plan yet. So it is not really an issue.