Will there be a new iphone at WWDC '10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HarryAndAGuitar, Aug 5, 2009.

1. HarryAndAGuitar macrumors member

HarryAndAGuitar

Any apple staff pitch their knowledge PLEASE i wanna know wether to upgrade to 3gs in december or not???

Or normal opinions welcome to lol :p

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Even if it gets previewed they are not going to release it until June/July like the past three.

3. HarryAndAGuitar thread starter macrumors member

HarryAndAGuitar

Yeah i hope they do release it in june or july i want a new one nowz

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Well, June is the earliest.

5. HarryAndAGuitar thread starter macrumors member

HarryAndAGuitar

Yeah so you think i should upgrade in december or wait till june

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

We know nothing about you. Do you need a new phone? Do you need an iPhone? We don't even know if it will be released in June/July. Do you qualify for the subsidized price? Are you aware that you might not be able to purchase a new iPhone for another 2 years with the subsidized pricing?

7. HarryAndAGuitar thread starter macrumors member

HarryAndAGuitar

I have an iphone 3g already need speed alot of apps web browsing and i wanted to know wether to upgrade in december coz if they bring out a new one in july i won't be able to upgrade and i'd be disappointed

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

9. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Okay, first off, this isn't a text message that you are typing in, so "coz"? Please actually type out and write in proper grammar, people will respect you and actually give more into their responses.

In means of a release, nobody can say with 100% certainty as to if a new iPhone will be released or updated anytime, as the only people who know cannot discuss that information. We can expect there to be an announcement at WWDC '10, but what will be announced and when it will be released isn't known by anybody allowed to discuss it. An Apple store manager wouldn't even know this information besides when it would be released.

So in means of an iPhone update, expect one to be announced then and released within a month following it.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

I woul;d wait til Dec to decide

if you can get by with you 3g for another 6 months and wait and see what June brings. if you can't stand you 3g anymore then get the 3gs in December. it's up to you it's a personal choice. your going let people you don't know help you decide. I used to sell computers I was honest with them. I used to say

if your computer/iphone does what you want need keep it when it no longer can do what you want or need then it's time to upgrade.

11. HarryAndAGuitar thread starter macrumors member

HarryAndAGuitar

Yeah it might not be a text message but it isn't a english class either is it?

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Don't you think it's a little early to be thinking about it? Find something better to do for 4 months.

13. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I too agree it's a bit early to be thinking about the next generation of the iPhone...keep your 3G, upgrade or wait.

14. Elzlaik macrumors regular

It isn't? Damn; I'm in the wrong forum. In that case, as this isn't an english class, please excuse my proper-use of commas and semicolons.

P.S. Of course there will be a fourth generation iPhone next summer. I assume around Friday July 16th, so that all the AT&T 3Gers whose contracts are up can sign on the dotted line once more. I would recommend waiting until July. It's simple mathematics. If you upgrade in December then you will have the most up-to-date phone for 7 months (December to July) and then kick yourself for 11 months for not waiting. Or suffer your 3G for a mere 7 months longer (between December and July) and be happy for the 11 months to follow (July 10 through June 11) knowing you have the most advanced iPhone available.

To simplify: Upgrade Dec = 7 happy months + 11 sad. Upgrade July 2010 = 7 sad months + 11 happy.

15. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Hold on...let me hop in my time machine real quick.

16. cj50505050 macrumors newbie

Slow down! This isn't a math class either.

17. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Mind giving someone a ride as well? :p

OP, we're still at Summer of 2009 so if you want a new iPhone, go get the 3GS since