Will there be a new iPhone this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzzyorange, Mar 18, 2009.

1. fuzzyorange macrumors newbie

I used to own a 2g iPhone - sold it because I didn't like a few things on it (particularly MMS and copy&paste and the way it handles (or doesnt) compilations in the music player)

But now I've seen 3.0 software i want to get an iPhone again

Do I buy a 3G now - or is there likely to be new hardware out in june which will make me kick myself?

Opinions?

2. xsx macrumors newbie

i hope yes.. even if i just bought a iphone 3g.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

yes there will be. with 3.0 pre installed on it.

4. theweber3 macrumors member

theweber3

i bet their will be a new iPhone, i mean look at what adding 3G, and GPS did... everyone bought. I think the new iPhone will have video chat perhaps and tethering for using your phones internet for your computer. I think they will do this because they will want to charge an extra 5 dollars or so to add this feature. :mad:

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

$5 if your lucky, ATT charges around $30/month for tethering on other phones. And limits it to only 5gb.

6. theweber3 macrumors member

theweber3

Good point, I think its getting ridiculous for the rate cell phone companys are charging for stupid stuff like this. I mean it isn't costing them anymore money to allow tethering...

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

8. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

I would guess around August... But NOBODY knows so theres no point in creating thread after thread about this topic

9. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I agree with this.. I don't know if they will have a new phone come out this year because with this update it seems like you can do everything with the 3G now..

They might want to hold off a year to come up with something even better...

James

10. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

But the 3G won't be able to do it as fast. I'm expecting a multicore iPhone with better battery life this summer. And maybe some other features but I'll leave those up to Apple to decide.

11. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

you think it will come out that fast this summer?? I don't know.. I was reading on Macrumors I think that they just came out with the multicore chips.. Tha't not much time for apple to throw something together.. Imagine if they gave it another year or even have something come out near christmas or something, they would have enough time to make something so much better..

As for the phone being fast.. It's plenty fast for me. How fast do you want it???

James