Will there be a new Macbook with Leopards' release? Need help deciding to wait or buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EpeenKing, Sep 5, 2007.

1. EpeenKing macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy a Macbook soon, but I couldn't decide if I should get it now with the 200$ college student ipod rebate(not good on new ipods :mad:) or wait till 10.5's release in hopes of a new Macbook. Any suggestions please?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Free iPod or free Leopard?

There's a decent chance of a Santa Rosa based MacBook after the back to school offer.

3. EpeenKing thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. EpeenKing thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's a dramatic boost for the MacBook since it would give it a much better integrated video card and a slight performance boost on the computing side.

I'm holding out for a refurbished Touch to be honest. Getting one know would only be to show off. Maybe we'll have Skype on it. :D

7. EpeenKing thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice dude. Appreciate the help!

8. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

If you can, then wait in the case that you're strapped for cash. A santa rosa update would be nice and you get the new operating system. Although, I do have a last gen macbook and it's more power than most people will need. If you are fine with the power of merom and can afford the Leopard upgrade then buy now. They're great computers.

9. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

There better not be a release of any other computer with Leopard except the MacPro. It's the only system that needs an update. Laptops can and will wait until January considering the new chips come out then.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

GMA950 4LIFE right?

2006 would like you back now.

11. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The MacBooks really do need a refresh within the next couple of months. They are basically the same machine that was introduced mid May 2006.

12. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

I'm predicting new design for the Macbook, announced at the same time as the Leopard release date, but not shipping until leopard ships. It would be a way for apple to keep orders flowing, when they should be drying up (right before a major OS upgrade).

13. cervaro macrumors regular

I don't know why Apple don't for once take a leaf out of the PC manufacturers book here, and offer free or at least 1/2 price upgrades to Leopard from this point on? I'm one of the many who are no doubt delaying the purchase of new MBP to wait for Leopard. Surely that hits Apple in the pocket, so an incentive/sweetener is worth offering to keep the cash flowing?

14. marmolade macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the price will increase if the new Macbooks get updated? Cuz I'd rather just get one now if so.

15. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Why would the price go up?

16. marmolade macrumors newbie

I take that as a no? Just curious, I'm pretty new in the mac scene..:confused:

17. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

With the ipod eliminating the white design I'm kind of thinking white will be no more for the macbook but you'll never know

18. cervaro macrumors regular

How about taking the new keyboard launched with the iMac, and turning that into the new MacBook, i.e. the brushed metal look. A mini-MBP of sorts. Just have to sort out the graphics hardware and they're there!:)

19. Poogis macrumors member

Brushed metal look and decent graphics card= MacBookPro.

They'll have to keep the MacBook held back somehow otherwise the Pro line would be redundant and Apple would make no money on the difference.