iPhone XS Will there be a product red iPhone XS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TinaBelcher, Oct 18, 2018.

1. TinaBelcher macrumors 6502a

I’m still bitter over those cheap iPhone XR getting product red. Do you think the XS will have a product red next year, and if so, which month? I’m still with my X and haven’t upgraded because I’m on the lookout for a cheap unsealed iPhone XS or XS max. But I’d hate to have spend money on a XS in space grey and then later Apple revealing a XS product red... but I’m questioning this happening because they’re already releasing product red right now in October for the R.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The XR isn’t even remotely cheap. Its a $750.00 iPhone.

I don’t believe there will be a Product Red iPhone for the XS. If there was, it likely be around March or April.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Apple pays millions out to charity from their profit and Don’t forget, apple uses product red as a booster for mid year sales in the device life cycle. It’s not just another colour. Think it makes sense to keep it within a cheaper option.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yea, I’m going to have to agree with the consensus here. I think Product Red will only be exclusive to the XR.

5. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

There wasn’t one for the X, highly improbable you’ll see one for Xs/Max

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Looks like only the "cheapo" consumer models will be getting the fancy circus colors. The "pro" models get the standard black, white and gray...

7. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 68000

And Gold

8. kid84 macrumors member

Xs and XsMax will have product red around March 2019 , and that exactly the same way they did with last year 8 plus and 2 previous years with 7 plus ....

Because they need to boost sale in middle of circle of the whole year of new product ...

9. CrazyForCashews macrumors 6502

Lol I laughed reading this, but at the same time I think that you’re actually serious.

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I don't believe you will see a "Product Red" XS phone this year.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Based on your theory, So, why didn’t the 2017 iPhone X have a ‘Product Red’ iPhone? (Given the 7 and 8 both did.)

12. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

I love the Product Red color, but I don't think it really goes with the high end look they're trying to achieve with the Xs/Xs Max and don't think we'll see it. Just my opinion though.

13. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

So X and 8 plus came out together. The cheaper version, the 8 plus, got product red but the X never got it.

This year X r is the cheaper model, that’s getting product red but don’t think the flagship Xs will get it.

14. kid84 macrumors member

The X has been discontinued , and replaced by Xs . And Apple plan to stop making the X , why will they make Product Red with the device they will discontinued within 6 months ?? This is reason why X dont have RED , but 8 plus have RED , because they still making the 8/8+ product ...

And one more thing , they stop making 8+ red because Xr got RED .

15. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Yeah product red for the Xr and gold for the Xs/Xs Max.

16. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

I thought they didn't do an X product red because they had issues with the stainless band and color?
    I personally would love to have a product red back with black stainless band. Yes please