Will there be a redesigned iPhone at WWDC in June 2012?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

So do you guys think from now on Apple will reveal the new iPhones in the Fall like they just did, or will they go back to WWDC for that announcement?

I'm wondering what they will announce at WWDC in June. I know it's a while away, but just thought it would be something interesting to discuss. It would be cool to see them reveal the redesigned iPhone in June at WWDC and have it launch in July 2012.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Basically, I think it boils down to this:

If apple intentionally moved the release to October to line up better with Christmas, and unify the iPhone and iPod releases, we'll see it next October again

However, if the reason for the delay was something beyond their control (phone just wasn't ready in time, parts delay because of Japan quake, etc) then they MAY try to return to their summer releases. Of course, they may just decide to roll with this new timeline too

4. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'd wager no. It makes sense for Apple to have iPad in Spring, iPhone in Fall.

But then again, nobody can say for sure.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

LOL! Here we go again!

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Whenever the new low-powered LTE chip is ready. Judging by the latest MR story, probably fall.

7. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

Well, they screwed all of the early adopters going into the 3GS as people who bought the 3G on day one weren't going to be eligible. They then back peddled and changed all of those people's dates so they could get the 3GS day one. I would HOPE they wouldn't try to do something like that again.