will there be a refresh or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoran, Dec 15, 2009.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

for the MBookpro line? They say about Arrandale but then again they say that Apple refused, i dont understand whats gonna happen can someone help me?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why don't you use the search facility here as this question is raise nearly daily.

You are in the same boat as we are, not know what's going to happen. Apple will update its MBP line with what and when is the question. Since they're not saying anything, its pure speculation.

If you scroll down a bit you will see a huge waiting on arrandale thread. check that out

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

4. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

It's the last macbook pro as we know it, and I fell fine

5. hamzab macrumors 6502

? I highly doubt that, the 13 inch is Apple's main revenue stream in terms of it's MacBook sales.

IMO, the new 13" MBP will have a discrete GPU as its now got the Pro monkier. Well it better do as I just sold my MacBook 2.4ghz for £800!

6. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

You didn't opt for the sarcasm pack, did you?

7. hamzab macrumors 6502

Nope, couldn't afford apples extraordinary price tags.

8. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

R.E.M. Baby !!!!! :D

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

Only apple knows, why would we know anymore than you? None of us work for apple nor do we know how they plan their stuff. Quit asking questions that cannot be answered.

And Arrandale, by the way, is a newer intel processor.

10. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

There are 4 other threads on this same topic right now. All of them are on the first page of the MBP forum. Bottom line: new MBPs with updated processors are coming, but no one can tell you exactly when.

11. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

No, there won't be. They won't update the MBPs til June/July. My uncle works for Apple and this is what he's told me.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And there will be 5 tomorrow, we seem to be in a cycle of people choosing to ask w/o lowering the eyes just a bit to see existing threads asking the exact same thing,.

13. snaky69 macrumors 603

I say someone makes a big bold sticky as the title page of this forum. Something really big that blinks, in red or yellow.

14. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

You are absolutely right. No one bothers to scroll down, let alone do a search.

15. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

Oh hey, guess what? Mine does too, and he told me "Go e-mail Steve Jobs, I don't know." Considering what we know about Apple, guess which "relative" is more likely?

16. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Oh, for the love of...can we just funnel all these "New MBP?" threads into a sticky already?

Huh?

Mods?

Please?

17. vant macrumors 65816

My uncle's cat's cousin told me that the current refresh of MBPs is the last.

Sorry to dissapoint ;(

18. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I can vouch for that.

19. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

lol....right on the money,

i hate when people are like bla bla my uncle and sister run the engineering department at apple....

no one knows when there will be refresh , it highly relies on how fast things are advancing on the designs and implementation of the new systems, and relies on technology itself.

20. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

Also if a product is selling why change it ??? Sales are the number one driver force on product changes and yes I did just pull that stat out of my ass but it makes sense to me. :D

21. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I doubt that if the Macbook Pro is selling as well as it is, a performance upgrade will make it sell any lesser.

22. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

There is ALWAYS a refresh coming. Buy what you want/need a MBP now, buy it. Don't deprive yourself. No matter how long you wait, your purchase will be the "latest/greatest" for only a short while.

23. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PLEASE learn to search before posting! There are only around 40 threads on this topic in the last 3 months:
    Picture 2.jpg
    And not one of them has a post by anyone who knows what's going to happen in Apple's future, or when.