Will there be a time when rMBPs are delivered on a usual timeframe?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by olisones, Jul 7, 2012.

1. olisones macrumors regular

Just wondering whether the current wait time on rMBPs are due to the new technology or just limited supply? Based on past product launches, are we going to see things speed up?

2. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Its most likely due to limited volume and high demand. Keep in mind MacMall and Newegg keep getting units in stock relatively fast, I ordered my Macbook Pro Retina on July 3 and it shipped out on July 5 (due to 4th of July Independence Day). I did chose Next Day Air shipping from Newegg though but it was only $34.95 an their was no tax. Check out best buy too, because they only have a 1-2 week backorder.

3. olisones thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers. Alas I'm in the UK so alas don't have the luxury of so many resellers!

4. Vampire5003, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012

Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Oh I see, yeah Apple really should work with people in UK and Europe in general if they want to increase there international sales. Plus I know a ton of people are dying to get there're hands on a Macbook Pro Retina but will be on significantly longer backorder than us Americans.

5. olisones thread starter macrumors regular

I guess it will all settle down after a while. Gives me time to save!

6. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Completely disagree, there are loads of people selling the rMBP in England. I ordered off the Apple store and got mine last week with a student discount, if I didn't wait for that, I had about 10 opportunities to go and pick one up.
    Few examples, John Lewis always getting them in, set up a stock email alert, same with argos, pc world, dixons.

7. olisones thread starter macrumors regular

Good point. What did you spring for? I guess there's always the walking in store option!

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yeah mate, I don't know if you are ready to buy it now, but just get yourself on as many stock alerts as you can. and make sure you keep checking for new emails in your email client. I got an email from john lewis saying that they had them in stock, posted on here that they had some in, and within 2 minutes they had sold them all. Think they only had four but it is possible. I went for the base rMBP. Would of spent more but I just don't need it, I am getting the next iMac redesign (whenever that is) so that will be my spec'd out work horse. The base rmbp has proven to be more than enough for me.

9. olisones thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. I'm currently toying with replacing my 2007 iMac and Air with the rMBP and Thunderbolt Display so might go for a mid-spec or higher with the rMBP - all depends on what's around - other than that it's a BTO.