Will there be an iPhone 6C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeKToRIoS, Jul 8, 2014.

1. SeKToRIoS macrumors newbie

What do you guys think? Will there be a new iPhone 5C in September? Or will the "budget" iPhone be the 5S?

My girlfriend likes the colored iPhone's and she is up for contract renewal. So i am wondering if she should wait for a possible new colored iPhone, or just buy the current 5C.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say probably, but it may be on the 6s release cycle and not the coming release schedule.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Part of the point of the 5C was it was cheaper to make and could be offered at a lower price. I do not think it sold in the numbers that Apple thought it would.

Depending on what they introduce in September will tell us about the 5C but I think it will be dropped.

4. TC03 macrumors 65816

No way. The 5C will replace the 4S as the entry model.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

That will dissapoint people with "smaller hands"

6. Azzin macrumors 68040

They're just holding it wrong! :D

7. TC03 macrumors 65816

No.

8. Thekillingjoke macrumors newbie

Probably. Along with 6s; Apple is likely to continue their product cycle right? Why would they just discontinue a product like that? Its an awesome product for gifting and such(I had to buy 2 today to give my cousins' son and daughter)

And as TC03 said 5c with probably replace the 4s and the entry 8gb model.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

My friend from Cupertino says, "Yes!". 3 iPhones will be released. A 6A Air, 6B Basic, and 6C Color.

10. sunking101, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

I think Apple took the proverbial with the 5C pricing. It wasn't a budget smartphone at all and for very little additional outlay, Cupertino's best was within reach. If it bombed, it bombed due to the price and nothing more. Who here wasn't flabbergasted when they saw the cost of the 5C? Not that it's a bad phone, just with all the hype about Apple releasing a 'budget' iPhone to compete with the mid-range Android offerings...

11. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

From what I have read the 5C sales were a disappointment for Apple. Apple does not like disapointments and they will likely drop the 5C in my opinion. It is just my opinion

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

13. Izauze macrumors 6502

100% no this year. The budget model will be the 5c or 5s. As we've seen, it's not possible for Apple to release a phone without some leaks.

14. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I don't see Apple releasing three different phones close together.

We'll see the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 first, then the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 next year.

If we do see a iPhone 6c, it'll be alongside the iPhone 6s.

15. mr99 macrumors 6502a

16. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Exactly. If there were going to be a 5c, we would've heard about it already in the form of some sort of rumor. Looks like the upcoming lineup will be

Big iPhone 6
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 5c

I'm not sure if this is a tacit admission that the 5c didn't work out as planned or if maybe the 6c will come out during the "s" cycle.

17. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

iPhone 6c will probably be exactly the same concept as the 5c, the previous generation phone (iPhone 5S) with a plastic case, just as the 5c was the iPhone 5 with a plastic case.

So we'll have iPhone 6 big and small and iPhone 6C which is a plastic iPhone 5S.

They'll probably continue to sell the iPhone 5C as a "budget" model replacing the iPhone 4S.

That's my guess. And there's no leaks because it's the same chassis. There's nothing to leak that we haven't seen yet.