Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
Of coruse there will. This question is almost not even worth replying to.

Facebook probably barely started working on it when the iPads came out.

As someone on tis forum said before-App development takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks. So, expect a dedicated Facebook app next month.

It's only been 2 weeks.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Didn't the Facebook developer quit some time ago because of approval process or something like that? Since then there hasnt been an update for the iPhone app.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Didn't the Facebook developer quit some time ago because of approval process or something like that? Since then there hasnt been an update for the iPhone app.

This is true, but i read recently that he's back on track and excited about the iPad. His previous gripes were with apples dev process.

That said , I really don't see a need for an iPad app. Safari let's you view and use face book just as a desktop user would with very few differences.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
This is true, but i read recently that he's back on track and excited about the iPad. His previous gripes were with apples dev process.

That said , I really don't see a need for an iPad app. Safari let's you view and use face book just as a desktop user would with very few differences.

Except that the interface is really janky-the bottom bar doesnt show up, etc.

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
Chat is kind of a big thing for me, that's why I'll stick to the iPhone App for now... I really do hope they come out with an official Facebook App for iPad - it'd be wonderful I think.

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
Chat is kind of a big thing for me, that's why I'll stick to the iPhone App for now... I really do hope they come out with an official Facebook App for iPad - it'd be wonderful I think.

That's why I link my Facebook account to IM+ for chatting, so I don't have to use the Facebbok app, which means I can do other stuff while I chat and I get push notifications on new chat messages.

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
That's why I link my Facebook account to IM+ for chatting, so I don't have to use the Facebbok app, which means I can do other stuff while I chat and I get push notifications on new chat messages.

Oh nice.. but $9.99 for an app is a little steep for an app in my opinion. I'll just stick to the basic FB chat for now lol :/

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
Oh nice.. but $9.99 for an app is a little steep for an app in my opinion. I'll just stick to the basic FB chat for now lol :/

You could use the eBuddy iphone app too. It does the same thing for free (push notifications on new facebook chat messages).

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
does facebook work 100% in safari? including chat and apps?

if not then they'll make an app.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Wait let me get this straight. Facebook has one app developers? Aren't they bigger then Google now.. I mean come on folks.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
does facebook work 100% in safari? including chat and apps?

if not then they'll make an app.

No. They turned off chat for when you access it from iPad.

Also=most of the Facebook apps are made using Flash. So they won't work.

tim916

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2006
There should be a dedicated app. If done right it could be a much better experience than what one gets on safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.