Will there be another MBP update during WWDC '10 in June?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MortalDays, May 29, 2010.

1. MortalDays macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to mac and to this forum. I am planning to buy a 13' MBP within next week but I am wondering if Apple would be pushing another update for MBP during WWDC '10 in June? I know that they recently just updated the MBP line in April... I would like to make sure if Apple going to do another update for the MBP line before I buy one...

Thanks in advance!

2. apple.gr macrumors regular

Until January 2011 there will be no update in the macbook pro line.

3. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

ALTHOUGH...:), since it's only a week away do yourself the favor and wait if you can. I just sold my MBP and I need to replace it but I'm going to wait it out till WWDC. Apple may not update the MBP line however they could add options in the middle of the cycle, they've done it before.

5. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

1) What date in June does WWDC '10 take place?

2) What printer would you recommend to get from Apple? I am planning to take advantage of the FREE printer offer of $100 rebate...

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

June 7th -11th.

7. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

they were all updated April 2010, so they probably wont get updated again anytime soon

8. Hexero macrumors regular

Which options?

9. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Seems like the big updates are in the Spring (done already), with a minor speed bump in the fall. I am of the opinion that you should buy now, or if you choose to wait, wait until Spring 2011.

10. apple.gr macrumors regular

See also this.

We are in day 47 and the avg is 208 days between two updates

11. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

There's no chance that they will be updated this year, next update will probably be on jan '11

12. tim100 macrumors 65816

13. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

That's the only one missing an update, put your bets...

14. cutthroughthebs macrumors member

Let's update things that need to be updated... The laptops have had their spotlight. Let the pros machines and apps get their refresh please!!! Enough about laptops already.

15. lordofuo macrumors regular

I'm interested in seeing if the Air will finally grow into its price. :p

As of right now, it's just not worth the money, unless you have cash growing on trees. :(

Alex :apple:

16. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Unfortunately, all the Mac laptops have not had their day. The Macbook Air has not been updated since mid 2009 and still has 2Gb of RAM, as it has since its introduction in 2008.

17. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

While this wasn't an option added during WWDC, the anti-glare (matte) option was extended to the 15" MBP in the middle of the cycle after customers raved about it on the 17". Apple could easily add this option plus the Hi-Res screen option to the 13" at anytime, just saying. :)

18. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

what i want to know if there mught be a *software* reason to wait until WWDC. I think there is <0% chance of a hardware update, but if apple releases iLife 2010, will it come preloaded on new MBP's from then on? And if you got one now, is iLife a free upgrade or would it be wise to wait for it.

what are the odds of an ilife udate anyway?

And should OSX 10.6.x be released is it better to get the new MBP with it preinstalled or just upgrade (windows/linux upgrades tend to slow down the OS after a long time).

S.

19. apple.gr macrumors regular

Apple gives a timeline in which the update is for free. That includes also those who have bought an MBP two or three weeks before the announcement.

20. lcseds macrumors 6502a

You mean the Mac Pro? They sell like six of those a year. Xserve? Maybe 4. Being sarcastic of course, but these are nowhere near the sales darlings the portables are. Now the Mac Mini could use a serious update.....

21. andrew086 macrumors regular

no, it's not free. you have 14 days to return and you have to pay a 10% stocking fee, which can get to be $200+ depending on how expensive the machine was.

22. apple.gr macrumors regular

I don't mean that. There are upgrade programs (for software) for recent buyers who had the previous versions of software. That happened also with iLife 09.

23. superflush macrumors 6502a

So what would the deal be for people who buy a MBP right now, if they release a new iLife at WWDC?