Will there be any changes.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ste1989, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ste1989 macrumors member

hello. I am buying a macbook pro (using a cousins student discount obviously) ;)
    I will not be opening it until august, but with the free ipod touch I would be able to use that from when i get it.

I realize the sata issue was fixed and everything now, but other problems like the screen for example, will they increase the quality of the screens before august, or should I buy now.

Will they improve the current issues by august, or will it be the same computer as it is now.

If they will probably not change it, may aswell buy now, and keep in cupboard until august.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. Please search the forums. Might I recommend bookmarking http://mroogle.*************

2. No changes can happen until Clarksfield/Arrandale exist, which won't be August.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Huh? What are you afraid of? This scared to buy, and fear of updates logic is so ridiculous. The iMac I bought back in 2008, its now not the newest machine anymore, nor is my 2005 iBook, or my 2006 Mini. It's a fact of life, unavoidable.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

They just DID improve the quality of the screens. Watch the keynote. But if you're referring to mixed opinions circulating the internet, take it with a grain of salt because its all subjective anyway.

5. phooi macrumors regular

Per an earlier post, Apple just released the new MBPs during WWDC. There will be no major revisions by August.

Also, I hope you realize that the first rule of owning technology is that it will always be replaced by something better and cheaper. The best you can do is buy what you need at the best price and use it.

Good luck.

6. Slypr macrumors member

I don't get it, if you buy it now why not start using it now?

7. brentsg macrumors 68040

I would at least make sure everything works properly before I stashed it away. I'd do that with any laptop or PC.

8. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

This.

For the sake of making the transfer of files easier (surely will add more before August), I'm continuing to use my iMac until then, but have powered on the laptop just to do some basic things, make sure it works, install necessary programs, settings, etc.

9. ste1989 thread starter macrumors member

its a birthday present for me.

10. phooi macrumors regular

Happy early birthday! Now open it and start using it... :D

11. motownflip macrumors regular

12. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Important

From purchase date you have 14 days of easier exchange of product, after that Apple tends to want to repair the computer instead. From purchase date you have 90 days of support.

My advice is to start using it after purchase.

13. EMKarelia macrumors regular

EMKarelia

I would say that if wont matter when you buy it. Just say that your a student. I'm a student and got my mac in July. :rolleyes: