Will there be any new iOS 7 features for iPad 5?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iphnhelp, Sep 11, 2013.

1. iphnhelp macrumors regular

I wouldn't have been surprised if they held iOS 7 for iPad until the new devices. But since they didn't, do you think we'll see any new or unannounced iPad specific features for iOS 7 at that announcement? I hope the fingerprint reader makes it in...

2. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

I presume iOS 7 for iPad will be identical to the iOS 7 for iPhone and iPod Touch. In other news though, do you think they'll bring the finger print scanner to iPad? And iPad mini? Seems like something they could make standard on iOS devices. I guess we'll have to wait for the likely October event which will be a long one with all the things they're expected to announce.

3. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

They could do it for the iPad 5, and leave mini without it for this update (after all it will probably get a retina display and a much faster chip, whether it is A6X or A7X). Also, production of the touchID sensor may not be in full flight yet (iPhone 5s not available for preorder), so they could limit it to their flagship models for this year.

4. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I would hope so because if they're releasing a new iPad I hope it'd have something cool except just a new case and updated processor.

5. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

A6X is the current CPU on iPad 4 ;) so it has to be faster, enhanced version of A7 aka A7X, Touch ID will definitely be there AS more RAM and slimmer bezel.
    That's pretty much it for iPad 5, not sure about mini though...

6. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

I was saying that about iPad mini :) (I assume it will either get A6X or A7X). iPad 5 will get A7X.