Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I asked Apple why only extended return period is offered this year. The guy said:

"Thank you for your interest in our products. Historically, we offer free Apple Gift cards during US Black Friday shopping event. But for December, we only offer extended return period since most purchases made during this time of the year are to be given as a gift."

He doesn't seem to know what he was talking about. I got free gift cards and discounts on Apple Care+ the past two December. Also a free Beats headphone before the pandemic. What happen this year?

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
No gift card nor discounts on Apple Care+ for Christmas and Boxing Day this year.

I think they did such offers in December the past few years. Is my recollection wrong?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
No gift card nor discounts on Apple Care+ for Christmas and Boxing Day this year.

I think they did such offers in December the past few years. Is my recollection wrong?
I don't remember what Apple has done in the past, and TBH, it doesn't matter as it applies to this year... it's Apple. They do what they want. Looks like there's no deal to be had this time around.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
so you got some gift cards/discounts the last couple years and therefor you are entitled to something similar this year? Really???
wow, nothing else to say

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
They did that event end of November. Not sure about AC+ but there were gift cards.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Hi, I asked Apple why only extended return period is offered this year. The guy said:

"Thank you for your interest in our products. Historically, we offer free Apple Gift cards during US Black Friday shopping event. But for December, we only offer extended return period since most purchases made during this time of the year are to be given as a gift."

He doesn't seem to know what he was talking about. I got free gift cards and discounts on Apple Care+ the past two December. Also a free Beats headphone before the pandemic. What happen this year?

He knew what he was talking about. Apple doesn’t do December sales in North America.

Reactions: Chuckeee

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

Why would Apple discount when customers have to buy Christmas gifts during that time? The gift cards have always been during Black Friday, in U.S. and Canada.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.