will there be newer iMac soon?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Aliencowboy69, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Aliencowboy69 macrumors member

a few weeks ago i decided i had too many gadgets so i was going to sell them off and buy a 27" iMac. i sold my 1st and 2nd generation ipod touches, sold my iphone 3gs and.......... bought an ipad and iphone 4?? How the hell that happened? I don't know, lol

now i have sold my 2nd laptop and various other gadgets and only left with the laptop i am using now. i have the cash to buy an iMac ind i think i NEED the 27" model because if i bought the 21.5" model i would always be wishing i had bought the 27", BUT what i dont want to happen is to go and splash £1600 on my iMac and then apple release a brand new, or new generation model as this would also annoy me so much that i would need to sell my mac and buy the newer 1.

so does anyone know if there will be a newer generation or a total newly designed iMac being released anytime soon??:confused:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Define "soon". I wouldn't expect an iMac update before Q2 2011 as last update was only 5 months ago.

3. Thunderbird macrumors 6502a

Thunderbird

The iMac gets a redesign approximately every two to two and a half years. The last redesign was in October 2009 when the two new sizes (21.5" and 27") were introduced. There was an upgrade/refresh/speed bump (whatever it's called) about 6 months ago.

I don't expect another redesign until late 2011 or first half of 2012. There could be a redesign to coincide with the release of OS X Lion, but that's probably a long shot.

4. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

A speed bump is likely this spring, but a redesign, no way.

5. zedsdead macrumors 68040

No redesign is coming for at least a year, likely longer. Should be a spec bump in Spring of 2011.