Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtztgue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I have had a couple AT&T people make a point of transferring contacts for us when we get the new phone. I ignored it at first because we can do that ourselves, but they mentioned it enough to make me question whether there will be some challenge or difference with the i4 that will make it more difficult. Any developers see a possile challeng? Or is AT&T just being helpful?

UnknownMacNoob

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
I bought a 3GS to get the unlimited data, going to exchange for a iPhone 4. So I can tell you from VERY recent experience that they are just trying to help you. I came from T-Mobile with a G1 and they were able to hook it up to their machine and transfer it over in matter of seconds. They also were able to transfer pictures and such with no problem. I'd imagine if you were doing moving contacts from a previous-gen iPhone to the new one, it would be even simpler.

However, launch day may be more hectic, but I don't think those machines have anything to do with the servers so it should still be quick and painless.

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I've always just synced my contacts from my Address Book on my iMac to any of the phones I've had in the past and its worked so I don't see it not working with the new iPhone 4

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Depends. Where are your contacts stored now? If they are backed up on the computer it should be as simply as syncing any iPod, iPad, or iPhone. If they're on an old AT&T phone you should probably get them transferred. If they're in another iPhone's backup, then just restore from that backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.