Will there be upgraded 13" MBA? - Looking for advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MaBz, Sep 8, 2014.

1. MaBz macrumors newbie

Hi!

I'm looking for a new notebook at the moment and I appreciate any help! I will mostly use it on my couch/bed or when I'm traveling. Performance should also suffice for office, media and web dev needs. So the MBA seems like a good choice. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Now the question is whether it is worth to wait or buy it now. I read that Apple will most likely release a 12" rMBA in Q1 2015. As 13" always seemed the be the sweetspot for me personally, that doesn't interest me. So I'm wondering whether you think the 13" MBA will also get updated with a better screen or can I safely purchase one now?

2. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Right now, we're mid-cycle.

What might make more sense (and maybe make you feel less like what you buy will only be out of date soon) is to shop for your 13" MacBook Air from the Apple Certified Refurbished Mac section of the Apple Online Store. Apple does the refurbishing, so you know it's done with care, and the warranties offered (as well as eligibility for AppleCare) is treated the same as if it were a brand new product. You can't do customizations, but you may find an Air with the customizations you want there (such as 8GB of RAM, which you should get regardless, or a 512GB SSD, or a Core i7). The certified refurbished models don't drop in price or get "discontinued" on the same time-table as the new products, so again, it's not like you'll buy one and then feel dumb about having done so later.

3. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

^^^^I guess you have a problem with your reading skills. My post was on point.

Lou