Will there ever be a legal AIM app on the springboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Dec 12, 2007.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

I know itll be very likely in February when the SDK's are released but is an Insant Messaging application almost a sure thing?

It sucks having to be on a website to be on AIM.

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

3. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

Within days of SKD release, if not before the release, someone will have made one.

Beejive appears to work very very well in the meantime- I can't wait to try it out when I get my iPhone. And it's free (for the time being).

4. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

from what I can tell if we all work hard and hack enough firmware revisions then probably yes.

5. iSovereign macrumors newbie

just wondering if you think beejive is as good as apollo? i know some ppl have said apollo is crap, but i use it everyday and it been nothing but perfect for me. i just like the way beejive looks tho.

6. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

I don't own an iPhone yet, so I haven't used the iPhone version. Just looking at it it looks amazing though. You can try it out for free, might as well.

I have a friend who uses the Blackberry version and he's completely addicted to it. He got to try it free for a month I think but then he had to buy the full version. The Webapp will be free but when the SDK comes out I bet that many companies will charge a few (or more than a few, I think beejive for BB is like $30 :/) bucks for their software. I'm sure that someone will make a free alternative IM client with the SDK though.

Works great on a Blackberry, and they have quite the inferior UI if you ask me, so I'd imagine Beejive would work wonders on an iPhone.

7. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I hope someone develops one that just works. If i idle it wont disconnect me. It wont crash safari, hopefully it'll be a native application... even better if apple would just release iChat.

8. Espo macrumors 6502

I love my iPhone, it is def the best phone on the market, but at times I envy those with a sidekick 3, only because their AIM app is better than any online chat client. Even tho the SK3/tmobile has poor service, their AIM app is good. Now if only there was a native AIM app on the iPhone, working on the ATT network with iPhone capabilities, I would be completely satisfied with the 500$ I spent on my iPhone. So, apple better hurry the F up.

9. SpankWare macrumors regular

For me chat was the "killer app" for the iPhone. My wife stays home with the kids and we wind up chatting via IM quite a bit. I held off on my iPhone purchase waiting for iChat. Once I discovered Beejive I purchased my phone within a week. I use Beejive on a fairly regular basis and have no problems with it. I would obviously prefer a native iChat application but until that arrives Beejive is offering me what I need.

10. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly my feelings