Will there ever be a retina video resolution support for boot camp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blue604, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Blue604 macrumors regular

It's been 5 months and shouldn't apple or Microsoft release the final video resolution support for boot camp so it looks just as awesome as under osx.

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

3. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

I had a feeling Win wouldn't look as good as OSX on the retina MBP's. Damn it's a bummer that we'll need to wait for proper support. Honestly I am almost positive retina displays isn't a priority for most manufactures/pc makers so I am guessing the proper support will come when we're old and grey.

4. bill-p macrumors 65816

Adjust DPI scaling settings under Windows to 199% and set resolution to 2880 x 1800.

Not everything will scale properly, but for whichever that does, it'll look just like "Best for Retina" on Mac OSX.

5. Blue604 thread starter macrumors regular

I did play around with dpi but it is still crap compare to osx. I use quicken and the text aren't sharp.
    Knowing quicken is terrible at Mac support , I don't expect quicken to fix this soon. But shouldn't apple release boot camp retina fix by now esp they also released retina 13"?

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I don't understand this? I have been running Win7 at 2880x1800 2x hiDPI since I got mine. Not sure why yours would be any different.

7. Blue604 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, you don't understand this ...

8. bill-p macrumors 65816

Well, playing with DPI is the best you can do.

Some apps simply don't support it properly, or at all. I suspect Quicken is on that list.

Short of having Intuit (the company that made Quicken) rewrite the app for Windows to properly take advantage of DPI scaling, or make the Mac version better, I don't think you'll be able to do much.

Apple can't "magically" fix a problem with software that they are not in control of. You're barking up the wrong tree here.