Will there ever be a way to put a retina screen in a MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Cattywampus_, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

So it's obvious why Apple didn't include a retina screen in the new Rev of the MBA; it would be stepping on the toes of the new MacBook when it's available.

I was in the market for an ultra portable., and there is no way I was gonna pay the extortionate prices for the new MB and so picked up a new 2014 11-inch MBA.

Gutted as I am that I will have to start looking at a lower res screen again after using a rMBP, iPhone 6 and iPad Air for so long, it was the sacrifice over price.

Anyway, since Apple won't give us a retina MBA, what are the chances of a 3rd party ever making a screen that can be put in by the end user?

Is it even possible from a hardware point of view and would OS X then recognise the higher dpi screen?

2. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I think they will place one next year.

----------

I think the 3rd party option is out of the window, I mean its not worth it. I think we should wait until next year and see. Also, the Macbook Air should get a redesign next year because the current design is a bit dated. In additional the TN panels in the Macbook Air are really disappointing so, Apple really needs to being in up to the standards of the reset of line of notebooks.

3. Kajje macrumors 6502a

Kajje

I guess the chances are 1 in 10 billion. So technically yes, there's a chance that would happen.