Will there ever be new displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LBJ54, Apr 11, 2008.

1. LBJ54 macrumors newbie

I have a G4 and a 17 inch studio display. Want a new one! Never did care for the Displays they have now. Seems so long since they have announced new ones. Do you think they will or are they moving away from them and will leave the ones they have? They look so outdated and do not match what's in stores in regards to looks!

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

There are frequently new displays. The panels and chipsets get quietly upgraded as better tech becomes available. If you don't like the looks, however, you can continue to wait. Surprised you would say this given that you are using a Studio Display.

3. LBJ54 thread starter macrumors newbie

I like my 6 year old LCd studio display. Its thin and nice. I meant the most recent displays that apple is offering. I would like to get a new bigger display but not crazy about the current offerings. Will wait hopefully in June

4. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I don't think they even need to. I like the Aluminum Brushed metal look. In fact thats what i have been trying to find for forever, a glass table top desk, and brushed aluminum legs.

Anyway, i don't think they will change it until they whip-up a new MacPro enclosure. It just doesn't make any sense to change it now; if they changed anything it would be to add an iSight camera.

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

They need to update, the cinema display is nearly as thick as the iMac (all though much better picture quality).

6. LBJ54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I agree they need to upgate in order to give the Mac pro (tower) people and others with older towers a new selection as well. I sight camera is a great idea.

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Not sure if they'll ever add an inbuilt iSight but it would be good if they'd release a new iSight to go onto them

8. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

That would work too. But i waited for a revision of the displays for months last year. I finally just bit the bullet and bought a display, because i was so sick of waiting.

I'm sure Apple has something up the pipeline planned.

9. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

An update has gotta happen sometime this year. Hopefully by the summer. I'm dying to get an ACD, but I want to wait until something new is available!

10. greeneggs28 macrumors newbie

greeneggs28

I think the ACDs now are great! Other than thickness, I cant see any other way :apple: could improve it. The same with the style of the of the Mac Pro, I don't know if it's just me but I can't see anything looking more edgier than its current state. I'm sure they'll find something:)

11. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Well, actually, they're never going to offer a new display. Ever. They're keeping the one they have now for the next six years, because they like it so much...then they're gonna keep it some more :D