will there really be a new iphone at wwdc.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pieseller, May 14, 2009.

1. pieseller macrumors member

i am starting to wonder if there's gonna be a new iphone announced at wwdc. before the 3g iphone came out there were lots of rumours and leaks- case designs, specs, manufacturing templates. this close to the expected release for the new phone, i would have thought more info would be around on the net?

so what does anybody think the chances of a new iphone announced in june actually are

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Somewhere between 0-100% chance. You know, at a guess.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

The way it looks right now, I don't think a new iPhone will be released at WWDC. I actually don't think a new iPhone will even be mentioned at the WWDC keynote.

I think that the iPhone will be announced at a keynote in late June.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

There is a chance, although there is a chance they may not. I don't think anyone knows.

So in the end they might, but don't get your hopes up incase they don't. So I'd say there is a solid 50% chance that they release a new iPhone at WWDC.

I hope this helps.:rolleyes:

6. svndmvn Guest

that would be weird.. since there'll be anyway some talk about iPhone OS 3.0 they'd kinda have to say when it'll be released and they could/should say something about new hardware, another keynote dedicated to the iPhone IMO would have no sense, just talk 20 mins about it at the WWDC and tell the people when it will be available, be it July/August whatever. It's how it's been until now, I believe. If they need hype they will talk about it in advance, and not on a separate occasion. There's already been one keynote addressed to developers. Unless it's a huge SW overhaul, which I doubt, talking about it for 3 times is useless.

7. svndmvn Guest

I think there's 0 chances of seeing it in stores the day after WWDC, 06/09/09. Knowing it's release date on the fifth seems more like it.
    Probably about 20% it would be out in June. 30ish% July, 30ish% August and 20% in September, but it better be a huge improvement, which I doubt, Apple's not like that.

8. The Governor macrumors regular

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your absolutely right.

Off topic

Your avatar is hands down the best here, then you got the signature to go with it....classic. MacRumors should give ribbons for the best avatar.

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

There's already a 4 page thread debating the lack of info and what it could mean. Here it is if you want to have a read:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=699793