Will there still be available stock this weekend?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kyllle, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Kyllle macrumors 6502

I'm on vacation and won't be back until Saturday evening. Based on previous years, do you think stores will still have iPads then? I might not be able to go until Sunday.

2. thaghost macrumors 6502

doubtful, but worth a shot. Best chances are to call around to the local walmarts and targets. 2

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Just to jump on this thread (sorry)

Can anyone advise when Apple stores replenish their stock? Every day? Every other day? Every week?

Thanks

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes, but it will be spotty. I doubt any Apple store will have every model so might take more effort to find what you want, but doubt there will be 100% sell out in 100% of stores.

Non-Apple stores is another story - probably a sadder story there.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

From what I remember last year I think it was once a week or something along those lines. With all this talk of stock I'm tempted to just put in an order with Apple and wait the 2-3 weeks.

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

ok cheers :)

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

There might be some then. I remember last year there was new stock coming in each day, at least for a little while at my local store.

8. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok well hopefully we can reserve one to pick it up in stores so we don't have to keep trying over and over hoping they get a new shipment.

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

That's my worry too. with driving and parking it will take nearly and hour to get to a store each time for me.

I can't do that :(

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm definitely hoping either BB or Apple allows you to reserve them. I'm going to try macmall.com first to try and avoid the sales tax on the iPad.

11. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I got my iP2 at an Apple store on the second day, which I believe was also a Saturday. And this was after they sold out at the same store on launch day. I got to the store at 6am and was 3rd in line....And I got one.

Apple employees really have no clue what is coming in and when. But from my past experiences it seems that they do get shipments in pretty regularly...if not every day. So i'd say your chances are good if you go Saturday morning. But you MUST get there early. Like I said, I got there at 6 and was 3rd in line. By 9:30 there was over 200 people..If not more.

Good luck!

12. jaydotcee macrumors newbie

from what i heard from a friend's experience with the ipad 2 launch, there was an option where you could purchase online for pick up in store and every night (maybe not every but most) at 9pm was when the stock list would replenish. if you want to avoid driving multiple times you could try that as an option.

13. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I was in line at Best Buy for the iPad 2. Totally sold out from the line. Walmart across the street didnt have any. Not sure about Target. So, i'd say No.

14. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Apple stores around me always seem to have stock first thing in the morning. Even Sunday and Monday morning. The stock is limited or rather rationed but I have seen people waiting at the doors waiting in line.

Then again, why not just per order and have it delivered. Avoid the store, traffic, and mayhem. Unless of course you like that excitement.

15. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

No credit card, and I wouldn't be home when it gets delivered.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Well then, mayhem it is.

Something that may work in the future, purchase an apple gift card in the amount of the purchase, order on line and have it shipped to a nearby relative that could sign for it.
    I've done that for items that required signatures and I was working a Monday thru Friday job.

17. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

All I know is that last year for the iPad 2, I was unable to be there at 5pm on Friday for the initial launch, so I went to the closest Apple store on Saturday morning and didn't have any luck, but the next day on Sunday morning I got there extra early and finally managed to get the iPad I wanted...

I think the rumor was that Apple was getting stock on Saturday (and subsequently everyday through the next couple of weeks,) but was holding that stock for the next morning. They might do something similar this year.