Will These Beat The Almighty iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wirelessmacuser, Jul 9, 2010.

1. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

"So many people are frustrated with Apple at the moment, over the problems*
    that face new iPhone 4 owners, that it seems like fate that there should be so many major launches of Google Android based smartphones flooding the market. *In an article we recently published, we noted a study that showed a large increase in Android phone users, compared to decreases for the top three, Blackberry, iPhone and Microsoft.
    While the study didn’t take into account the launch of the iPhone 4, with it’s final date ending in May, anyone who’s followed that launch knows that not only has it been riddled with problems, but Apple’s handling of the situation has been less than professional. *We have gotten numerous complaints in the comments throughout our coverage of the story from customers who are angry and upset about the situation.
    What great timing for the newest lineup of Android powered phones flooding the market. *In the next month, there will be four new Android based phones, all debuting on the major cellular provider networks AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. *With pricing the same as the iPhone, many new buyers who weren’t able to get their hands on the iPhone on release date may be considering making the switch.
    On July 15, you can get Verizon’s new Motorola Droid X. *On the 18th, you should be able to pick up AT&T’s Samsung Captivate and on the 21st, T-Mobile is rolling out the Samsung Vibrant. *T-Mobile will also introduce the Motorola Charm, slated for release by the end of the month, but has not set a date as of yet. *With so many different options, it will be interesting to see the report on market share after the dust has settled. *For now, one thing is clear: *it’s a very real possibility that the mighty iPhone may have fallen."

• What's your take on Android vs iPhone?

source
    http://zeitgeistpdx.com/droid-x-vib...ones-just-in-time-for-big-iphone-4-goof/1127/

2. bobdigi macrumors regular

Oh hey this a totally new and original thread. **** Android

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

4. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Whaaaaaaaatttttt nnnnnnnooooooooooo? What's this android phone Thingy?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

tl;dr but from the title I've come to the conclusion it's about iPhone killers.

Years of 'iPhone killers', yet the iPhone keeps selling more and more. The only thing killing it is its own major hardware fault. Funny that.

7. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

This is hilarious lol call me when the droid x sells 2 million phones in a week. Call me when andoid has 50 million users. Give me a break.

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I was gonna post one of those pictures of the "cool story bro" lol, but this is not even a cool story lol.

9. quotison macrumors member

The iPhone is so popular that people can't even get their hands on one!

The iPhone is so unpopular it "may have fallen" from the good graces of consumers. We're all going to buy Samsung android phones now!

10. flyc14 macrumors newbie

11. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Is it surprising that since June 23 this OP has posted 16 anti-iPhone pro droid phone threads on this forum?

12. Amon37 macrumors regular

Que obligatory links to Iphone Vs Evo4 youtube videos :rolleyes:

13. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I'm sure one of those will be the "android of the week" :p

14. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Really?? So the IP4 has NOT been the most successful iPhone launch to date??

People can complain about the (very real) issue(s) all they want, but that doesn't mean Apple hasn't sold WAY more phones than predicted and it is not slowing down.....

15. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Yes, we all at MacRumors feel that those are smarter phones than the iPhone 4.

Go Andriod! [​IMG]

16. army91c macrumors 6502a

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

I am a cell phone enthusiast and would love to see Android become a viable platform. Competition brings the best out of everyone.

My next phone could be an Android. There is trade-offs being open or a closed platform. A plus and minus to everything. I loved JBing my iPhone and iPod touch which opened up a new world for me prior to the App Store, but I won't JB this time with the iP4. I rather have performance. But still, I like to tweak my phone without having to wait for a loophole or software update to make that happen. That's why I like Google. They are like the cool parents that let you do anything with your device while Apple is the one givng you a curfew and forbids you watch naked boobies.

But at this point, Apple still has the smartphone game in check. In two years, things can change FAST. Google made some leaps since the G1. I thought the Nexus One or SE Xperia X10 would be my next phone for 2010 until Apple showed off the iPhone 4. Android is getting there, but still not where I want the platform to be. The hardware is there, but not the polish of the OS or build quality. Android is like where Apple was to me back in 2008. Still a bit wet behind the ears. Still a bit raw. It wasn't quite "mature" and the features were lacking, but Apple eventually got there two years later with the 4th generation. I am hoping Android does the same in two years when my contract is up. There just isn't a cell phone compelling enough right now for me to take that leap yet. But the hardware/software is always evolving and OS gives variety with the skins. The potential is there. It has depth with some tinkering. They just don't have it completely right (personally for me) at this point with any of the phones.

18. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

If by 'phone' you mean mobile devices that allow the user to make and receive phone calls over cellular network without dropping calls; then yes. Android makes phones.

Apple tried, did it OK for a while, then released a defective product and now is just lying about it. Once they get a radio engineer, they might be back in the game. Until then, they have a fragile, but nice-looking iPod Touch with the ability to make calls that regularly drop if you hold it.

19. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

20. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

No, the current iPhone is its own worst enemy. This phone has so many issues that it is officially suicidal.

So just don't drop it, OK?