Will these cases work the Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Burr510, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Burr510 macrumors member

Burr510

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

No they will not wait for verizon version cases to come out it will say verizon version

3. Burr510 thread starter macrumors member

Burr510

OK, Thanks weisjt

4. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Bur...I am going to speculate and say no they won't work with verizon. The slide switch is a tad lower on the verizon so those cases shouldn't work. The cases that should work for sure would have to have a large cutout for the buttons and slide switch, there are cases out there like that. I personally picked up an sgp neo hybrid case in anticipation it will fit when my new verizon iPhone arrives. It may not, but I had to have something to try once it arrives. I believe it will fit because I did a side by side comparison of this case with the new apple universal bumper and the cutout for the slide switch is the same. It is significantly larger than the original AT&T version. When I emailed a few companies about case options most of them said mid march they would have cases released verizon specific. Good luck on your search!

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

6. ChinaAzzi macrumors regular

The small changes are a quick fix for all case companies that need a mold to make their product. I estimate it will take mold companies from 1 to 2 days to modify the mold. Then they can produce 1,000 or more cases a day and air express them to the USA while your order is being processed by their staff. So I would not worry, just stick with the case company you like best rather than search for a company that has the case in stock. :)