Will these RAM sticks work in the same computer?

Souljas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
This is the current (original) RAM that was fitted in my Macbook:

This is the RAM I want to purchase but am unsure if it will work! If they work I plan on replacing both of my current chips with these so they are a matched pair.

BTW this is for the computer in my sig, 1.83 Macbook (non-unibody)

Any advise appreciated. Thanks

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
That RAM will work fine. The important bit of information is the PC2-5300 designation on the chips. That identifies the model of the RAM, if you will, and anything labeled as PC2-5300 (sometimes just written as PC5300) RAM will work in your computer, provided the computer can handle the total amount of RAM you install. Since all MacBooks can accept at least 2GB of RAM, those should work fine.

Incidentally, if you want to compare pricing from a reliable supplier, many here have purchased RAM from OWC (macsales.com), and they provide a lifetime warranty, which is critical with any RAM purchase.

jW

Souljas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks for the reply :) I will go ahead and get it as I can get it for a good price. The part that confused me was the 1Rx16 and 2Rx16, and I have seen some 2Rx8 etc. I know that the 16 and 8 have something to do with densities, so I figured getting the same would be ok, and the 1R and 2R has something to do with Rank, although I dont really understand that part.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.