Will these work with a Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maclover001, Mar 29, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Does anyone have any experience with the following peripherals on a Mac with Leopard?

- HP LaserJet 1020 (Printer)
    - Canon PIXMA iP8500 (Printer)
    - Canon CanoScan LiDE 70 (Scanner)

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have a user with a HP LaserJet 1020 on Leopard. It works fine.

3. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

I use the Canon Pixma iP4300. Works fine, so I expect most, if not all Pixma's will work fine as well.
    Morod

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Canon is very much Mac friendly with their products. I have the Lide 50 scanner and it's fully supported and works great. I also had the iP4300 and it was supported as well with no issues. I sold though (because the ink cartridges are expensive and hard to get generic replacements for) and got an HP printer and no issues at all, didn't need to install any drivers for it either.

5. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

My experience with the Pixma priter/scanners has been that they were one of the only devices I actually needed to install a driver for before I could print. With everything else I could print text no problem, even photos (without quality control settings). But the Pixma wouldn't print a thing till I installed a driver from the included disk. After that it worked just fine!

SLC

6. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

all the listed should work ok, just run the install disk for any drivers if they are required, Canon + Mac work very well, ive got 2 Canon printers set up and both work without a problem ;)