Will they bring the intro video back?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by garirry, Jul 22, 2013.

1. garirry macrumors 65816

garirry

I don't know why in Lion they removed the intro, but there is still chances that the final release can contain the Leopard and SL intro that was missing in Lion and ML. What do you think?

2. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

3. garirry thread starter macrumors 65816

garirry

Will they actually someday release a system with the intro? Like OS 11 or something.

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

I sort of doubt it, I think the intro stuff is sort of dead at this point. No modern Apple iOS/OSX have boot animations (aside from a plain Apple icon) anymore afaik.

5. garirry thread starter macrumors 65816

garirry

But why did they removed it in Lion? A simple 30-sec video made you remember it forever, and suddenly they thought it was useless and worthless.

6. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Might have made you remember it forever but not me. Obviously they thought it wasn't worth having, just extra bloat.

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I used to work in Mac IT in college. We didnt have a fancy Remote Desktop way of installing OS X updates, we had to do each one manually.

Needless to say, they removed the video not soon enough.

8. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Lol, the intro video. Such an important piece of the OS.

9. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

I've installed osx on so many machines, I got annoyed waiting for it to end even if it was only a few seconds long.

10. akm3 macrumors 68020

I liked the video, it was cute, inviting, and just one of the little touches that really made me love the Mac.

What I love MORE is when they got super lean and mean with the OS with Snow Leopard, made it run with very little RAM and space requirements, especially compared to the huge amount of disk space Windows can take. Yes, the newer OS's aren't as polished and streamlined as 10.6 was, but lean and mean is the way to go. It will live in my memories...

11. nalk7 macrumors regular

I sure hope it stays dead, or at least let you skip it.

12. weckart macrumors 68040

Because Apple thought it was useless and worthless. Hope this helps.

13. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

Step 1: Get hold of an iMac G3 and an aluminium keyboard.
    Step 2: Install Tiger.
    Step 3: Wait til it gets to the "intro video".

It will be full volume (which is quite loud on the iMac G3's Harmon Kardon speakers). You won't be able to turn it down, because you need to update to a point release of Tiger to use the keyboard's volume keys.

My neighbours loved it when I reinstalled Tiger last week :D

On a related note, Microsoft added 'setup music' to Windows XP. It was the only version of Windows that had setup music, and I actually really liked it.

14. ThePiratkapten macrumors newbie

ThePiratkapten

I really miss the intro video. It reminds me of my first Mac. When I reinstalled it, it felt really classy every time I saw the video.