Will they fix my phone under warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goingblue, May 11, 2009.

1. goingblue macrumors member

I did some searching and did not specifically see this addressed. Forgive me if it was.

My iphone 3G is less than a year old. The silver knob on the sound on off button has vanished. It basically broke off. I can still stick my finger in there and flip it. The question is...if I walk it into a Apple store will they fix it or replace it under warranty?

Also, if it's running the beta 5 software - would that be an issue if they were to replace\repair this under warranty?

Thanks,

Rich

2. dukefan macrumors member

They replaced one of mine two weeks ago with the same problem... not a single question asked. Made a Genius bar appt, walked in, walked out with new phone. (Originally bought July 13th 2008)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont see why not.
    But just to make sure load up 2.2.1 before you bring it in for a swap.

4. Cask Guest

You don't have to downgrade the firmware, just leave it as is. if it was a software issue then sure it would be cause by the firmware, but if a switch is broken then I don't think they'll care what firmware you have.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very true, but you never know if you end up with a weird rep that might have no idea about the betas that are out and instead he'll think its jailbroken and try to refuse you.

6. goingblue thread starter macrumors member

Yeah...I'm a legit developer program dude so I can't imagine why they would bonk me for that.

Next question - did you bring the original receipt, box and everything do they have it all on record and can I just roll in to the genius bar? (with appt)?

Can you make a genius bar appt online? :)

7. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Just bring your phone, you don't need any accessories with you and yes you make the appointment online.

Find your local store: http://www.apple.com/retail/
    and then select Reserve Genius Bar Appointment.

8. nicheco macrumors member

i'm on my 5th 3g. 1 was my fault and i paid 250 to fix it. other than that, there hasn't been a single problem. they are very good. if it's a known issue, there won't be any problem getting it swapped out. make sure to back up before you go in there.

9. lindmar macrumors 6502

Just had an iphone swapped in Canada, my home button stopped working