Will they hold my package?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by makefunnyfaces, Oct 9, 2011.

1. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't think I'll make it home in time to get my iPhone 4S. Will FedEx (or UPS, can't remember who AT&T delivers through) let me call to hold the package & I'll pick it up on my way home?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes. As soon as you see a delivery attempt has been made you can call UPS or FedEx, as applicable and arrange for pick up later that day. However they must make one delivery attempt before they will hold for pick up. Alternatively you can call the ATT and request to pick up @ station. If you go that route you can p/u any time on launch day or whenever it's scheduled for delivery.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yes you can hold it. But it goes back to the main building.

My question is, If I miss the package, does FedEx deliver the next business day?

For example: if FedEx starts delivering the iPhones on Thursday but I miss it, will they deliver on Friday one more time?

4. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Yes. And you don't have to wait for the first delivery attempt to have it held; as long as you have the tracking #, you can call and put in the request.

6. MNT macrumors member

Yes -- and I'd like to commend you on your excellent subject line for this thread.

7. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Once fedex has your package you can go online and request that it be delivered to a local kinkos office, instead of delivered to your house. Thats how I did my iPad 2 and it was delivered there on the same day

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

So even if they are delivering a day early...I can call and request them to deliver on Friday??

Never knew that, thanks!

9. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Yeah, at certain establishments one would have to pay extra for that kind of service, but not at FedEx. ;)

10. stevemiller macrumors 65816

i'm surprised no one's made a "thats what he said comment." am i the only immature person left on the internet?

on topic: i wish when you ordered from apple there was an option for "hold for pickup" in the first place. trying to coordinate being at a particular location for a delivery is just too much of a headache. i worked from home the day my mbp was delivered, but it arrived well into the evening, meaning i stayed home for no real reason!

11. OneMike, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

You can always pickup from fedex same day after delivery was made. The only issue is the pickup center in my experiences has always been in the middle of nowhere. That said I still always went and picked up my item.

If you're lucky the driver may even still be out and can re attempt.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

13. steve dave macrumors 6502a

Are your hands clean?

14. makefunnyfaces thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the replies!

As for all you dirty minded g33ks, I don't have a package to hold. ;)

15. lyrastar macrumors member

Does the pick up location have to be Kinkos or an actual Fed Ex facility, or could I use Office Max (for example)? I'm not sure we actually have a Fedex location close to here.

16. makefunnyfaces thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another question: What about pre-signing for it? I know Apple has offered me this option in the past, but I can't remember if it were ever an option for the iPhone releases.

Thanks again for your replies!

17. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I remember doing it at a FedEx Kinkos once before.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If presigning is an option there will be a link once your order ships. If not call up FedEx customer service and ask them if you can leave a note. Of course realize you are waiving all liability when you do this. If it's stolen it's on you. Personally I would advise against presigning. It's not worth the risk.

That is not my experience and I receive UPS and FedEx packages all the time. Usual policy is that they must make a delivery attempt before allowing p/u unless the shipper notifies UPS/FedEx ahead of time. It's not something the receiver can change until after the first delivery attempt.

19. makefunnyfaces thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for the advice! I live out in the sticks with only a few neighbors, & I'll be home within a half hour if they deliver at the normal time, so I'm not too worried about it being stolen.

20. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

that what she said :cool:

We don't need to know those kinds of details about your personal life.

/me stops doing stupid jokes

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Oh sorry, wrong thread haha.

22. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Oh, I hope they treat your box with care then.

Also, instead of presigning another idea as well is having them drop it off at a FedEx/Kinko's store if you have one close by.

23. i4Collin macrumors regular

If I leave a note on my door telling them to take it to my neighbor (who happens to be my brother) will they do it?

24. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

25. 2010RS macrumors 6502

If a direct signature is required, no. If an indirect signature is required, yes.