Will they keep the Google Maps app side by side with the new Apple maps app?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by quietstormSD, Jun 14, 2012.

1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Does anyone know if Apple will they keep the Google Maps app side by side with Apple's new maps app?

Beta users, do you still see the Google Maps app on your iPhones/iPads along with Apple's new maps app?

I'm sorta hoping they give us the option to have both on there. Or at the very least when the official release of iOS 6, let Google Maps be in the app store as an optional download. Only thing that would suck is that Apple wouldn't probably allow another maps app to be the default one.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. nabechu macrumors 6502

Only way to view google maps now is via safari

4. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

We can hope Google brings the equivalent of android Google Maps to iOS, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple spending years to break away from Google Maps and create their own maps makes it pretty clear that they want their users using Apple Maps.

5. b24pgg macrumors 65816

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    There is no intention of that...

Although I have been hearing so many complaints about Apple Maps regarding bugs, blurry, incomplete, not enough infomation, etc... that I wonder if it will even be ready in time for launch. and if it's NOT ready... do you think Apple would intentionally give their users an inferior experience or they would suck it up, admit Apple Maps isn't ready, and postpone the launch of Apple Maps for a 6.1 update.

Thoughts?

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i think itll be ready by launch this fall.

8. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Safari offers a good google maps experience which it even prompts you now to save as a bookmark on the home screen.