Will they let you purchase without activating that day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lorkp, Jul 10, 2008.

1. lorkp macrumors member

I wouldn't activate the phones for another two weeks or so, but I'm worried that they'll be out of stock. Will they let you buy the phones at either the apple or att store, but not activate that day?

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

From what I've read, it states "Requires In Store Activation"... So that would imply that no, you can't buy it now and activate it later..

Yet in the same breath, things have been said such as "Must activate within 30days or purchase".. I don't think anyone really knows???

3. lorkp thread starter macrumors member

the "within 30 days of purchase" sounds promising, but even the "requires in store activation" could maybe apply to me... I'll activate it in store, just later.

4. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Sorry, must activate in store at time of sale. In two weeks when your ready there should be PLENTY though. At least there was last year.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You gotta remember though that they were $499 and $599. The price was a big reason why people didn't purchase the first version. With the new subsidies, I'm sure this thing will fly off the shelves alot faster.