will they make the 7/7+ bigger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kepler20b, Oct 29, 2014.

1. kepler20b macrumors 6502

Im thinking that there is no way the 7 will get any bigger htan 4.7

2. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

Hopefully smaller. With the same sized screen.

3. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

My guess is that the screen size stays that same and the bezels are greatly reduced. I made this comment in another thread earlier today. The 6+ is really the perfect candidate for reduced bezels. The screen itself feels great, not "too big", but the device as a whole feels huge, mainly because of the large bezels on the top and bottom. Who knows, maybe they could have shrunken those areas with this most recent re-design but they decided to hold off until the IP7 so they had an "easily executable" design revamp available to them.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think they will keep the screen size the same.

5. Shabbis macrumors regular

I don't see Apple changing the bezels much as that has been the iconic part which makes the iPhone recognizable, and they haven't changed since the original iPhone. They could possibly shave a couple millimeters off the top and bottom of the bezels, but it might end up looking too much like a Samsung at that point.

[​IMG]

6. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Aww, look at that cute little thing. It's like an iPhone for babies! :D;)

7. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

It won't stay the same forever. At some point the design will need to change. Maybe not in the immediate future, but at some point they are going to want to do better things with that extra half inch on the top and bottom of the phone.

8. Cavmclaren macrumors member

Though highly unlikely for the 7 I think once apple figures out how to execute a buttonless bezel less front without negating the Touch ID function they will. The same way they figured out how to make it normal to not have a keyboard/dial pad.

I can just imagine the unibody design of the 6 with top to bottom screen and gesture centric controls maybe using some of the technology used in the apple watch. Maybe with Touch ID built into the actual frame of the phone instead of the screen so that just picking it up verifies your ID.

*DREAMING*

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

There's no way that the bezels are going away IMO. They're a functional necessity. The whole front surface of the device can't be touch sensitive. The bezels are there so that you can hold it and use it without causing unwanted input. I agree that they can be made smaller, but they're not going away.

As far as size goes, the industry trend is towards thinner and larger. If that continues it's likely that Apple will follow, but not quickly. Judging by past releases I'd expect them to stand pat with the current screen sizes for the next three release cycles (6S, 7 and 7S assuming the same naming convention.)

10. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

People are still complaining about the number of apps not optimized for the new phone screens. I don't think Apple will change the size until they feel they have to. 5.5" is still big, get too much bigger and you might as well get an iPad Mini.

I agree that reduced bezels is the most likely major design change in the 7 series.

11. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I'm betting that the iPad Mini is getting dropped from the lineup. Replaced by a bigger iPad and making room for bigger iPhones if needed.

12. TJone macrumors 6502a

No but it will get even thinner and will bend while unboxing or in a strong wind.

13. angevil macrumors regular

Hopefully much smaller, as the original iPhone..

14. shiibbyy macrumors regular

15. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I think the 4.7" and the 5.5" is as high Apple can go. Anything over 5.5" would just be too big. For me the 5.1" is the sweet spot for me (having owned a S5).

16. BIG BUCKNUT macrumors member

BIG BUCKNUT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414640092.857669.jpg

17. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

18. markusbeutel macrumors regular

Huawei Ascend Mate 7 says hello. They have their fingerprint reader on the back of the phone. Apple could easily design something similar...

----------

You should check out the upcoming DROID Turbo. Thing has insane specs, even for Android, along with a 5.2' screen and 3900 mAh battery. For me, I'd like apple to go back to 1 size phone, and something around 5.2ish would be perfect imo.

19. michael31986 macrumors 68040

Smallers bezels. That's it. They did it with iPads.

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Hopefully, even thinner than the 6/6+. This bending is growing on me.:D

21. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ths iP6+ is as big as I need it to be. I'd say any larger would basically be an iPad mini.

23. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

^^^^This!!^^^^

I sincerely hope they focus on beefing up processor speed, improving audio quality (stereo???) & other aspects of the device's performance rather than enlarge it. It's borderline too big now!

24. Ballis macrumors 6502a

Dont think it will become bigger. I´m hoping the 4" is making a comeback.

I dont find the new design appealing at all and will sit this generation out. I love iOS so I won't be switching to droid, Ill just stick with my 5S which looks tons better than the 6 and still performs pretty good.

25. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

I can see it being 4.8"-5.0". I can also see the 7+ ( assuming they make one) 5.7".