Will they make Thunderbolt to Lighting Wire?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by duke5021, Sep 22, 2012.

1. duke5021 macrumors newbie

Is this possible to do for faster transfer for those people who have a Thunderbolt port? I've never used this port on my MacBook, but it would be great if this thunderbolt to lighting cable came out.

2. X-Ravin macrumors regular

Lighting is only USB2.0 so there's no point to sticking a thunderbolt connector at the other end yet. I'm not sure if it would just take a firmware update to up to 3.0 speeds but I don't know why they wouldn't have done it in the first place if that was the case.

3. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Lighting was designed for the future so no doubt they'll be able to upgrade it for USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt when the conditions are right.

4. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

I doubt that Thunderbolt to Lightning will ever happen. Completely different intended usages. By the time an accessory such as a phone or MP3 players requires that much bandwidth and direct access to system buses, something else will have come along.

5. DeeGee48 macrumors regular

DeeGee48

6. onegregwiley macrumors newbie

Thunderbolt Not Necisary?

Interesting: I know that I would like Thunderbolt speeds for transferring data to a 128GB iPad.

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

That's impossible because you're iPad's internal flash isn't capable of anything near those speeds.

I doubt that there's even a big difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, or Apple would've added that capability to the iOS devices.

8. Partridge macrumors 6502

Thunderbolt and Lightning??

Very very frightening.

Me-!