Will they really release white or wait until iPhone 5 release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by millerb7, Jul 23, 2010.

1. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

After today I officially gave up... my antics of trying to return black for white "kind" of bit me in the ass... had to go 3 days iphone-less... just went back to black though :(

Title says it all.

Bets on if they will or just delay it until June next year?

Seems odd to release 3 phones in a row 6 months apart from each other.... I mean 3 phones in 12 months?

Seems odd to release that many phones that quickly with all the issues they are having.... bad business really.

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

They said "later this year", not "later this summer", which means that we probably won't see a white phone until October at the earliest.

However, given the track record so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple cans the white iPhone. Especially if they really ARE telling third-party sellers to delete the white SKUs.

3. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just feel like at this point it would probably be better business standards to just hold it off until next year.

I mean the damage is done already really. No reversing what they have already done, might as well hold it off, figure out the QC issues, and get it right for iP5 release.

I imagine next year will be minor tweaks to the iP4, addition of white, couple tweaks here and there, and that's it.

We won't see another major overhaul until iP6... I really think they'll stick to the every 2 year overhaul method... nets them more money

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

My thoughts...

If they don't have this sorted out by September 30th, they'll hold off on the white.

Intro it next summer, but only in 32gb (64 if anyone figures out how to affordably put one of those into an iphone).

Kinda like what they did with white and the 3G phones.

First time they had white, it was only in the larger capacity model. Made it more exclusive or whatever.

Soo... I'm gonna hafta go black again (I had a black 3G, I've got a white 3GS). :D

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Well at the end of the day it's just a phone.