Will they release new macbook pros this june?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wreckthisplace, May 19, 2009.

1. wreckthisplace macrumors newbie

Hey all

Just curious. I just bought a brand new Macbook Pro 2.66 ghz. Usually when i get a new mac apple releases better versions a few months later. Although I'm happy with my new comp, I was wondering if anyone thinks they will announce a newer macbook pro come June. My machine should be able to handle anything I throw at it for the next few years. I would only hope.

Thoughts?

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

a new ones coming out tomorrow, hows that make you feel?

3. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

hahaha you're sarcasm is hilarious.

OP you could have tried the nifty search function before posting but to answer your question no one knows for sure, all speculation. If anything does happen it'll be minor most likely and not make you regret your purchase.

4. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

5. wreckthisplace thread starter macrumors newbie

haha no no. I'm just naturally curious. I researched before I bought and couldn't find anything suggesting it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure if anything it would be minor changes.

Who am I kidding...I regret EVERYTHING.

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

yah, i got my mac about a month before the unis came out, i regreted it a little. But i think i got the better deal:) well, that and i know its a terrible idea to buy the first version of anything, i.e. all the problems with the new ones

7. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I think that minor revisions are likely, as they seem to happen every 6-9 months, so it would fit. Likely just CPU speed and possibly standard RAM upgrades. Nothing more.

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Get on the TWIT and Macbreak Weekly podcasts. If Leo LaPorte didn't just buy a mbp, you should be fine.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the odds are rather slim that we'll see an update to the MBP. I think the focus will be on SL and the iPhone.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Hahah nice

Hopefully he'll buy a new Macbook Pro 15 inch before I graduate...

12. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

As someone who has just bought the 17" MBP I am really hoping they don't release a new rev at WWDC but it they do its my own fault.

I had been geared up to buy a 24" iMac but was persuaded by a number of acquaintances that a MBP would be a better idea. Of course while I was aware of where we were in the iMac cycle, I hadn't paid attention to the MBP/MB cycle, other than that the 17" was only announced in January.

So yeah, currently suffering a bit of buyers remorse and while I bought it online from Apple, I used my ADC HW discount which means I can't return it & technically can't sell it for a year either. Heh ho, lesson learned.