Will they replace it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NPChaikin, Mar 30, 2009.

1. NPChaikin macrumors newbie

So, last Sunday, I bought a new MBP. It was working fine until I noticed that the line-out (headphone) port wasn't working properly. So, last night, I brough t it to the Apple Store and they exchanged it.

I brought it back, opened the box, and there was a huge scratch on the lid. Normally, I wouldn't care, but this is a $2000 item and it's really, really bugging me.

If I bring it back, will they replace it without a restocking fee?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Shouldn't be a problem. I had an exchange for cosmetic defect (small dent on palm rest) and had no problems. You won't get charged the restocking fee. The fee is only if you open the box and return the product because you feel you don't want it - does not apply to exchanges from defects.

3. crobbins macrumors 6502

If you explain to them what happened and that it came like that, they'll probably exchange it again. The Apple Stores are typically pretty good about these type of things, in my opinion.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you bring it back within a day, probably not.

5. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

The longer you wait, the odds of it being exchanged goes down.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Rarely. OP can go on the last day of return period and there will be no questions asked. Unless you guys have experience then I can't argue with that but you shouldn't have any problems.

7. jofus macrumors member

For a defect, I would agree with you. But something that you could have done yourself (scratch the computer), they may be more hesitant to take it back. Why would one wait 14 days to return something that was scratched day 1? They're more likely to assume you scratched it.

8. NPChaikin thread starter macrumors newbie

If I go tomorrow, I hope it's not a problem.

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There won't be. Good luck!