Will they replace?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedJeans, Jun 13, 2010.

1. RedJeans macrumors member

I bought my Macbook Pro (13") on June 1st. I just noticed that there is a dent on the right side of the track pad - on the hand rest.

I didn't do anything to cause this and I've been very careful with it.

I only got it two weeks ago - will they replace it? =/

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If you're within two weeks they may. So you need to do this soon.

3. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

Call them up and find out.

4. RedJeans thread starter macrumors member

It's going to be two weeks today, actually. But what if they accuse me of causing the damage? I just legitimately haven't noticed until now.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's no way to prove you didn't damage it yourself, so it really depends on the kindness of whoever you return it to.

6. RedJeans thread starter macrumors member

Ugh I hope they do it for me :(

7. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

Got a mbp as a graduation present. Noticed a scratch by the keyboard and a week later went to go see if I could go return it at bestbuy. They wanted some bull restocking fee. So I got my Air Force lt. Col. father to bitch to the manager and we went through 5 until we finally found one that wasn't scratched too badly (it was still scratched btw...ridiculous, c'mon apple). So what I am trying to say is that if you are initially nice and still don't succeed, then get a manager and then talk sternly but respectfully to him. I think you'll be ok.

8. MBP13Guy25 macrumors newbie

When I close my mbp 13" the seal edges in the front, one is more sealed than the other should I get another one where its perfect? or am I just being too observant too? LOL I got mine on the 9th. I have everything on it already. Will they still take it even tho I've got some music. Will they be able to transfer my music into a new macbook pro 13" when i exchange it?