Will they replace?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedJeans, Jun 13, 2010.

1. RedJeans macrumors member

Apr 27, 2010
    I bought my Macbook Pro (13") on June 1st. I just noticed that there is a dent on the right side of the track pad - on the hand rest.

I didn't do anything to cause this and I've been very careful with it.

I only got it two weeks ago - will they replace it? =/
  2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

Apr 1, 2009
    15 minutes in the future
    If you're within two weeks they may. So you need to do this soon.
  3. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2010
    Call them up and find out.
  4. RedJeans thread starter macrumors member

Apr 27, 2010
    It's going to be two weeks today, actually. But what if they accuse me of causing the damage? I just legitimately haven't noticed until now.
  5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    There's no way to prove you didn't damage it yourself, so it really depends on the kindness of whoever you return it to.
  6. RedJeans thread starter macrumors member

Apr 27, 2010
    Ugh I hope they do it for me :(
  7. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

Apr 24, 2010
    Got a mbp as a graduation present. Noticed a scratch by the keyboard and a week later went to go see if I could go return it at bestbuy. They wanted some bull restocking fee. So I got my Air Force lt. Col. father to bitch to the manager and we went through 5 until we finally found one that wasn't scratched too badly (it was still scratched btw...ridiculous, c'mon apple). So what I am trying to say is that if you are initially nice and still don't succeed, then get a manager and then talk sternly but respectfully to him. I think you'll be ok.
  8. MBP13Guy25 macrumors newbie

Jun 11, 2010
    United States
    When I close my mbp 13" the seal edges in the front, one is more sealed than the other should I get another one where its perfect? or am I just being too observant too? LOL I got mine on the 9th. I have everything on it already. Will they still take it even tho I've got some music. Will they be able to transfer my music into a new macbook pro 13" when i exchange it?