Carrier Will they sell me a Verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagored, Sep 18, 2016.

1. dagored macrumors 65816

I knew patience would be worth it. I can reserve a 128 or 256 flat black iPhone in my area. I am on AT&T right now, no contract. I want a Verizon phone for obvious reasons. Has anyone purchased an iPhone from Apple straight up and placed their SIM in it, without anyone in store having a fit or refusing to sell it to you?

I can not call noon, and probably will not get thru. Looking for seasoned veterans that have gone this route.

2. freak99 macrumors member

I bought a Verizon iPhone 7 at the Apple Store yesterday without issue. Came home, put in my T-Mobile sim and I'm good to go.

3. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

4. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

Called three Apple stores in the Orlando area. First one "NO". Second one "YES". Third one "Not sure".

Crap shoot. What has happened to Apple lately?

5. Kahsheh macrumors regular

you can pay full price w/o requiring verizon acct.

6. dasing123 macrumors member

It works, a lot of people have been doing this. I, myself, am trying to get hold of the Verizon 7+ and I'm on ATT.

7. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

That is not what I was told at one store.

8. Kahsheh macrumors regular

I did this and there are no issues but you must pay full price and not IUP. This is why I know first hand. You must buy at the store, online reservations require a verizon acct. The responses here all tell you the same thing so it is up to you.

9. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

Not even the reserve and pick up that I found open today?

10. Kahsheh macrumors regular

If you are using the IUP link floating around here, you can do that and just pay upfront when you are in store. The reservation confirmation email will tell you that you can change payment methods. Play with the reservations and see what you find. It is hard to explain everything here.

11. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

I saw all of that, but I do not want to be stuck with a Verizon acct when I arrive at the store. I want to take the AT&T SIM out of my 6 and put it in the Verizon phone. I know it will work. I do not want a hassle. I want the ability to change carriers if someone else has a better deal.

I am paying full price for the phone. It should be my choice not some manager in an Apple Store.

12. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

I made a reservation yesterday and today for Verizon iPhones and had no problem paying full retail price and walking out with sealed unactivated phones. They never asked for account info and I am using both iPhone 7's on T-Mobile now.