Will this be the end of battery woes? 30 secs to charge phone.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by LIVEFRMNYC, May 22, 2013.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

2. skratch77 macrumors 65816

lol capacitors can store energy fast and also dump it just as fast as they stored them.

This brings me back to the days of using 5 farad caps in my car stereo system!

You should also add to the title that these super batteries last 30 seconds

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/183...-device-that-can-charge-a-phone-in-20-seconds

http://www.usc.edu/CSSF//History/2013/Projects/S0912.pdf

4. Alfuh macrumors regular

One of the many reasons I love my GS3... Use it all day with whatever settings I like and then by mid afternoon turn it off, swap in my extra battery, good to go.

Takes about 45s though ... 50% longer :p

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's actually possible to charge a Lithium Polymer cell very much faster than any magsafe or similar adaptor currently supplied by Apple or any third party vendor can.

The downside is that you'd kill the battery in 6 months or so. There is also the potential for overheating, swelling and damage to the Mac itself.

What is really needed now is a jump forward in battery technologies, and that's being worked on.

6. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I thought we could charge batteries much faster before anyway? And the reason we don't was to preserve the life of it?

7. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Considering I charge my phone before going to bed, this doesn't affect me.
    And I'm sure most consumer batteries would explode if you tried charging them in 30 seconds, so work on batteries first, then charging methods.
    I want to see long-distance, efficient, and cheap wireless charging. Like beaming megawatts to the moon. Where's Tesla when you need him...

Nifty invention though, makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life :rolleyes: