will this beat the 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by naths, Oct 2, 2011.

1. naths macrumors 6502

The new nexus Prime....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This does look rather nice 8.5mm thick 4.65 screen,edge to edge so the same size as the SGS2,i.5 dual-core,16gb(expandable by 32 to 48gb)etc etc...the competition starts to hot up....

2. cward0715 macrumors regular

LOL.

"What you’ll see here is a an extremely thin device with a giant display in the front probably somewhere in the 4.7-inch range."

"The back of the device appears slightly thicker at the bottom than it does at the top."

It has all the specs people are rumoring (wanting) the iP5 to have.

This phone might sway me to android. I must admit the renders are beautiful.

3. onlyapple macrumors member

wow thats a nice phone, I hope that the iphone 5 will be better then it

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

What's with the buttons? Isn't the Prime (via ICS) supposed to be button-free?

5. cward0715 macrumors regular

The article said the render is a little old

6. naths thread starter macrumors 6502

we ware all going to benefit from the very quick advancement in phone tech/specs,wether it be apple or android or even WP7...someone brings out a new phone,quickly surpassed by another and another...some may say to quickly,but all good...the only downside is Apples continual insistence on yearly releases....now that every manufacturer has caught and in many cases passed apple,the release of the the next gen iPhone is not going to be the tech advancement the previous iPhones were,the rumoured spec of the 5 is basically what the SGS2,HTC sensation,LG optimus etc, have already had in their phones for at least 6 months...still lets see what what apple brings on Tues,then Samsung the following week...should be a very interesting few weeks!!!!!!

----------

yep its only a render but if the nexus Prime does look like this,i hope apple have got something special up their sleeve...lol...not to mention the SGS3...quad-core and all that...lol

----------

Thats what i though to??....but still a good looking phone,if it is going to be button free...then all the better....

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Too lazy...

In my opinion it's not about one phone or one platform "beating" the other.

The last time I checked we were all individuals with different needs, preferences, and the ability to choose what's best for ourselves.

However the brilliance of Steve Jobs was his insight that the masses are basically too lazy to educate themselves about choices and choose. So he took control, built a device, then convinced people it's exactly what they needed.

That choices are bad and dangerous. He was right, look at the empire he's built from people's complacency.

8. LivingLarge macrumors member

that nexus prime rendering looks SWEET. I would much rather be on an iphone 4s/5/whatever, with that type of form factor, but that would definitely get me to go and check that phone out.

9. naths thread starter macrumors 6502

same as Gates and microsoft....they were made to spilt that up as it was to bloody big!!!!!...

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Now, that's my kind of screen. I'm all for Android devices big screens. It's 2011, Apple, 3.5" is not enough. We stream videos, music and watch movies on our phones now a days. 3.5" is just too small. I'm open to switching to Android if the new iPhone is just a minor upgrade.

11. naths thread starter macrumors 6502

people say that 4.65 is to big....but its edge to edge so the actual phone is not bigger,and if ICS is going to be buttonless,it could still be a 4.65 screen but an actual smaller phone....if you get what i mean...

12. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I was actually kind of interested until I saw 4.6jnch screen. That's just too big. It's not the size of the phone,it's that it can't be operated with one hand. 4" is perfect IMO, and 4.3 I might be able to live with, but not 4.5+.

13. naths thread starter macrumors 6502

The phone is actually smaller than a current 4.3 phone,like iv said its edge to edge,no borders,so more or less the same as a current 4" phone ,such as the nexus s,experia arc sort of size,so not as big as you think...

14. noobinator macrumors 601

Too bad it's just a render by a random person. That guy should be hired by someone.

15. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I completely disagree. The brilliance of Steve Jobs was recognizing the laziness of carriers and the complacency of manufactures.

1) He recognized the carriers had way too much saying in the phone design
    2) He recognized the carriers combined their power with the sense of choice for the consumers: they had a lot of different phones, but all made to carrier's specification and wants, nothing that threatened the carriers' business
    3) He recognized the time was ripe for a multitouch display phone that has a usable web browser.
    4) Then the app store a year later

With the introduction of a true carrier-agnostic (mostly anyway) mobile platform, Apple single handedly changed the value emphasis on the mobile devices and showed people that touch screen phone is actually highly usable especially when combined with a competent web browser.

The Nexus series has been Google's attempt to bypass the carriers while providing the reference model for developers, but as far as I can tell, the series has been a wee bit disappointing in terms of sales because they often don't get the full backing of the carriers' sales channel. If I remember correctly Google had to cancel the Nexus One web only sales because it wasn't selling enough.

The new Nexus will sell well but I think it'll be largely be the repetition of the first Nexus One: Good phone and a landmark in terms of specs, but its sales number will probably be eclipsed by other Android phones that are better marketed by carriers who like to push "exclusive" models, let alone the iPhone. Of course, on the internet there'll probably be an endless amount of praises on how the new Nexus Prime is so much better than the iPhone and the "masses" are just too dumb and buy the iPhone instead of the superior Nexus Prime, just as with the Nexus One.

16. naths thread starter macrumors 6502

The new Nexus will sell well but I think it'll be largely be the repetition of the first Nexus One: Good phone and a landmark in terms of specs, but its sales number will probably be eclipsed by other Android phones that are better marketed by carriers who like to push "exclusive" models, let alone the iPhone. Of course, on the internet there'll probably be an endless amount of praises on how the new Nexus Prime is so much better than the iPhone and the "masses" are just too dumb and buy the iPhone instead of the superior Nexus Prime, just as with the Nexus One.[/QUOTE]

very true....to put a different aspect on that....people buy the M3 BMW because its basically just a get in and drive a fairly high performance car,compare that to the new Nissan GTR,you have to know how to set that up and drive it fast...when u know how to do that it completely eclipses the M3 in every way.....but people buy the M3 because of the name,and because of that they think its the best...when its clearly not...(hehe iv got the new GTR,swapped my M3 in for one....the GTR,different class altogether...frightening!!:eek:

17. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

So pretty. :) I love everything except the glossy plastic back and (probably) front. Bring on the glass, please.

18. gta50419 macrumors 6502

19. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

That phone looks like it could fit perfectly into the rumored iPhone 5 cases...

20. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

That is a good looking phone, but iOS and the App Store are what keep me with iPhone.