Will this cloth work fine?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by seanuhthin, Aug 21, 2010.

1. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

I bought a cloth by monster or something like that, a company that makes the monster tv cloths. Wanted to use it to wipe down new iMac every once and a while, but it feels much rougher than most I have owned. Does anyone know?

2. JHorstmann macrumors member

I mean- if it feels rough, I can't say I'd personally recommend it- the only thing you should check with yourself is that it wont scratch the screen.

3. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

4. leman macrumors 604

iMac screen is just glass. You can clean it with any smooth cloth you want - it is much less picky then a usual LCD screen. I recommend a slightly (but just slightly!) moist eyeglasses cloth — don't use chemical cleaners.

5. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

The glass panel on the imacs won't scratch from cloths. However, if it feels a bit rough, I would not recommend it on the anodized aluminum finish-- it could wear the finish over time.

This.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Your iMac screen is made of glass. You would be hard-pressed to scratch it unless you used sandpaper. Clean away with any towel and you'll be absolutely fine...

Bryan

7. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Use only the little black cloth that came with it. My 2 cents.

Rich :cool:

8. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

Cloth that came with??? Where????// I did not see one!

9. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I use slightly damp microfiber cloths to clean all my electronics including LCD panels

10. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

in the box with the keyboard and the rest of the stuff.

11. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

wow, well I am obviously the dumbest person on this board. That included cloth worked fantastic just now, gripped dust of easily. So you all say just like glass?

I also need to teach my cat to stop jumping on my desk and doing that thing where they rapidly wipe their paws on the screen. I have kept the door to my room with my imac shut until I find a solution...